Did anyone else notice a bit of a weight gain

Options
LilynEdensmom
LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
I was wondering if anyone noticed a bit of weight gain the first week of this..I did almost 5 pounds...However I skipped yesterday b/c of a fever and when I weighed my self this morning I was down 7 pounds...so I'll take it...but I was just wonder if anyone else had this issue.

Replies

• reynollb
    reynollb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm on day five and the scale has been up a consistent 3-4 pounds. This is especially discouraging because I've been very good with my calories intake this week and working between a 750-1000 calorie deficit daily. Glad I'm not alone...hoping it disappears in week 2.
  • MommaSari
    MommaSari Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I noticed it when I first started too!!! I got upset, so I hid my scale for 3 weeks. LOL...I felt MUCH better after that. I think it's from muscle gain...but I still don't like the number going up! I also started eating MORE when I did this. I upped my calories, and then I started loosing. I tried to keep my net no lower than 1200.
  • Roshellexo
    Roshellexo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Your muscles retain water whilst they are repairing. Because you have no rest days its pretty common not to see any actual weight loss until much later on (or even a few days after you've finished!).
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should take a rest day once a week then or hide my scale till the end of the month lol
  • yujinclara
    yujinclara Posts: 24
    Options
    I gained about two pounds over the weekend. :-(
    I know it doesnt sound like much but it is still discouraging! Especially because I''m only trying to lose about five pounds!
    Good to hear this is not uncommon.
  • aquirico
    aquirico Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 pounds after my first week. I'm curious to see what the scale says tomorrow, after week 2!
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i gained about 2 lbs too. Im assuming muscle because i definitely wasnt working my muscles that much before! I'm noticing im slightly slimmer in the mirror so hopefully bigger results follow. Today will be day 15
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm not weighing until the end of the month, but I'm guessing that you are also building muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. I keep reading on MFP that you don't really lose "weight", but you lose inches.
  • szarlotka717
    szarlotka717 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yup! I went up about 5-7 pounds the first week, and have only "lost" 2 of those pounds so far. I shouldn't be gaining at my estimated net calories, but I've also been going over on sodium more often and may have some additional water retention because of that (the husband and I have both been a bit sick/busy, which means more delivery, premade food, and eating out). I'm hoping I'll at least get back to my pre-30DS weight before June. :)
  • Lisa_Pinciotti
    Lisa_Pinciotti Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also gained:happy: 2 pounds the first week and am slowly seeing it come back down...slowly. Good info about muscles holding water while repairing...maybe that's the reason. If this 30DS will help me to loose weight and inches in the long run, I'm sticking with it!
  • yujinclara
    yujinclara Posts: 24
    Options
    Good news. My weights down week 2. I gained two pounds first eeek, then this week down about 2.5 pounds so there's a net loss of half a pound. Yay! I look a lot slimmer around the waist and have lost half an inch in ten days of 30DS so far. I'm moving upto level two tomorrow.
  • szarlotka717
    szarlotka717 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yay! After going up 7ish pounds the first week, I'm back to less than a pound over my starting weight (3 pounds less than I was yesterday). I drank a ton of water yesterday and was way under on sodium - I should probably keep doing that. :)