Hi newbie here

Options
Wantingtolose1
Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
I am trying gluten free because of a lot of issues I have been having lately. I have been having a lot of digestive problems ( constipation, diarohea, heartburn, stomach cramping, back pain) as well as being tired all the time. I have cut gluten out in the past and felt 100% better and I'm hoping by cutting it out again I will get back to that place and feel better. I have had a blood test for celiacs disease but that came back as negative so I'm thinking maybe I just don't process it properly. If anyone has any suggestions on how to start this journey or anything else please let me know.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Those were pretty much my symptoms! I've been GF for about a year now with the occasional lapse. And boy do I know when I lapse. Welcome!
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    from you symptoms it sounds very likely you may have IBS.
    I've suffered from IBS since the age of 17 but I didn't know what it was till about 5 years ago.
    I'm allergic to gluten but spent up to a year ago thinking i was intolerant ,then after being so tiered i could spend all day asleep even though i had had a whole nights sleep i prepped myself for coeliac testing which in the end was just a blood test and found what was wrong with me before even getting the results back because my face was swelling by the tiniest trace of gluten and all night ill.
    since finding what is really wrong with me and realising i have had this since i was primary school age I know the difference from the two.
    My last really bad flare up took 3 weeks to clear up and also gave me a sore throat every time there was a movement in my intestines.