Texting and Driving

Options
124»

Replies

• Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am weary of the whole "lets ban everything that is percieved as socially unacceptable"... there was a law in our state legislature that wanted to ban laws that banned something... seriously. Some people are better at multitasking in the car and some just are not.... my husband can text and drive, but he can't handle a screaming baby... I can handle a screaming baby but I cannot look at my phone and drive.

And you're happy to put your baby in the car with him, knowing that he'll be answering text messages as he drives?
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am weary of the whole "lets ban everything that is percieved as socially unacceptable"... there was a law in our state legislature that wanted to ban laws that banned something... seriously. Some people are better at multitasking in the car and some just are not.... my husband can text and drive, but he can't handle a screaming baby... I can handle a screaming baby but I cannot look at my phone and drive.

And you're happy to put your baby in the car with him, knowing that he'll be answering text messages as he drives?

Why not ban all driving? Someone could get in the car, have a heart attack and accidently run over a child
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Why not ban all driving? Someone could get in the car, have a heart attack and accidently run over a child

this it would force the modern world back to smaller communitie bases and resolve many large problems
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    THIS is entitlement attitude, not "I'd like to be able to take my sick kid to a doctor." or "I worked for 40 years and now get social security and medicare." The real ugly entitlement attitude is right in this thread. It's the whole "I can do it because I say I can and I've never had an accident (yet) and besides people die every day and I don't care." attitude.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I think anyone who gets into an accident while texting should be forced to have their last text tattooed on their foreheads. If they die, then their next of kin should have it tattooed on THEIR forehead.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options

Last time I looked, you could choose to not pick up a phone, read a message, compose a reply and hit send, just by not picking the phone up until you have stopped driving. I don't think you can say about a heart attack 'I'll have it later'.