WEEK 4 DAY 20

38 After leaving the synagogue that day, Jesus went to Simon’s home, where he found Simon’s mother-in-law very sick with a high fever. “Please heal her,” everyone begged. 39 Standing at her bedside, he rebuked the fever, and it left her. And she got up at once and prepared a meal for them.

40 As the sun went down that evening, people throughout the village brought sick family members to Jesus. No matter what their diseases were, the touch of his hand healed every one. 41 Many were possessed by demons; and the demons came out at his command, shouting, “You are the Son of God!” But because they knew he was the Messiah, he rebuked them and refused to let them speak.

42 Early the next morning Jesus went out to an isolated place. The crowds searched everywhere for him, and when they finally found him, they begged him not to leave them. 43 But he replied, “I must preach the Good News of the Kingdom of God in other towns, too, because that is why I was sent.” 44 So he continued to travel around, preaching in synagogues throughout Judea.

Replies

• MrsLarCat
    MrsLarCat Posts: 118
    I can't even imagine what that would be like - seeing someone come into town, proclaim that they are the son of God and then heal and perform miracles!!! I read over this like nothing since I've heard it a million times - but it is important. I need to slow down and put myself in those Judeans' shoes to really get a sense of how great Jesus is - the awe that he should inspire. I think the bolded portion refers to Jesus not just staying where he was loved and appreciated, but going further to spread the word - that this can be applied to us - we need to continue to seek God, not just stay in our own comfortable little place, but go outside our comfort zone, striving to serve God.

Dear Lord,
    Please help me to leave my comfort zone and take steps to become closer to you and closer to other Christians here on Earth. I'm so thankful that I met Courtny today - this is truly a blessing, thank you. Please watch over myself and my family - please bless us. Please, please, please - bring Joey to you. Help me to be patient and set a good example to him. In Jesus' name I pray.
    Amen.
  • Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Observation: The son of God performs miracles and preaches his message in the synangoes

Application: I believe in and am a living walking miracle. God healed from epilsey and a learning disability

Prayer: I thank you God for your healing power and I believe in your miracles. I thank you for all you have done for me
  • kimbershep
    kimbershep Posts: 72
    LUKE 4:38-44

OBSERVATION
    I think the scripture emphasizes how Jesus healed Peter's mother in law for a reason. I think it was to show us that when we have faith in Christ for healing or deliverance it will come and be handled "completely." When Peter's mother in law was healed she got up and was busy serving others which is the work of the Lord....living a life of servanthood.

Another thing that stood out was that even the evil spirits acknowledged Jesus for who He was. Kind of backwards when those who followed the law and taught didn't acknowledge Him and didn't know that He was the Messiah. Nevertheless, Jesus silenced the demons because He wanted the people to believe in Him by His words and not because the demons said so. He still had work to do and He was going to do it all the while showing and teaching us how to live our daily lives.

APPLICATION
    I agree with MrsLarCat...it is so amazing just to read how Jesus healed and delivered by the touch of His hands or His words and imagine myself being there. So many diseases, so many people that loved and appreciated Him but He didn't stay in one place bathing in accolades. He had work to do and He did just that. I pray that I keep he mindset to be a servant and to bless others as Christ did.

PRAYER
    Heavenly Father, no matter how hard this life gets, how stressful work gets and how busy the homefront is, I ask that you give me strength to stay focused and make time for you Lord. I need you and realize that I can do nothing without you. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.