Pregnancy weight loss/gain question.

Options
I am 17wks and so far have lost 5lbs (I started eating healthier and working out). My OB said he isn't concerned at all with the loss because I am over weight from not loosing the 40lbs I gained while pregnant with my son, but doubts that I will be able to keep it up. He said a 10lb gain would be fine. I assumed that when the gaining starts, it counts from there (the lowest weight).. not what I was at my first appt. So say if I lost 10lbs then gained it back, I'd be fine. But quite a few people have been telling me otherwise. Am I wrong?

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    My doctor counts gain from starting weight, so you may want to clarify it - it wouldn't have occurred to me to count if from the lowest point but only your doctor can say how he is calculating it.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I would ask your doctor again.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Agreed, I'd ask. Seems to me it would be 10lbs from starting weight, but maybe he means from where you are now. Better to ask than speculate.
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would ask as well, personally I count from starting weight :)
  • cindymcd
    cindymcd Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would assume your doctor meant 10lbs from starting weight
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I"m 35 weeks and am currently only up 6 pounds, according to my Dr who is counting from my starting weight. Unfortunately mine is due to severe HG and not healthier eating! I would ask to be sure.