How long do your workouts take?

Options
amyaroja
amyaroja Posts: 66 Member
I really want to start stronglifts!

BUT... I'd have to join a gym, which means added time with driving, etc.

So.. how long does your workout take you at the gym? Considering you may have to share with others?

Replies

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I don't go to a gym, I workout at home. It only takes me about 30-40 minutes, but that's because I don't have to work my sets between other lifters. I am responding so that it shows in my feed to (hopefully) get you some good answers. :smile:
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I go to a small gym and rarely have to wait but depending on where you are at in SL and the length of time between sets....it usually takes me about 65 mn. Deadlift days are shorter since it's only 1x5. Good luck!

This includes my warm up sets, but not cool down or stretching.
  • vashnic
    vashnic Posts: 93
    Options
    About an hour, give or take, with 2.5 to 3 min between sets and not very much warm-up. :) Our university gym has a large number of racks, though, so usually at least one is available.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Amy, check my feed for some more answers.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Each workout takes me about 30-40 minutes and, with a warm-up and cool-down, about an hour.

The first few weeks are shorter because you'll probably need less rest between sets.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    About 60 minutes including warmup sets. When I first started, it was more like 35-40 minutes. The time has gradually gone up over the past two months because I need longer rest between sets. That's just for lifting; I don't do any cardio before or after.
  • amyaroja
    amyaroja Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies!