Terrible week. Need help and motivation

Options
superpoo
superpoo Posts: 25 Member
***Warning: Rant ***

Hello ladies,

It's been a horrible week for me. My mom sent some sweets for me and although I've been watching what I eat, my machine tells me I've put on 1 kilo in 3-4 days. This is very depressing and demotivating. I haven't been to the gym either.
Please give me some advice on getting back on track. My goal was to lose 2 kilos by the end of the month. I also went on a day trip y'day and ate out. :(

Any advice on motivation and diet is appreciated. I'm really upset with myself right now.

Thanks.

Replies

• wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Your weight can easily fluctuate 2-3kg within a day. I'm not gonna tell you to ditch the scale, but I hope you don't rely only on the scale for tracking your weight loss progress - take pics and body measurements as well.

Did bad today? Fine, it's just one day. You're gonna do better tomorrow :)
  • Delll2013
    Delll2013 Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi,

A bad day is not the end of your journey. It's in your power to pick back up and do the right things. Drink plenty of water and hit the gym. You know what you have to do ;) so just do it! (Ha ha, that sounded like an ad :)) ). Your main motivator should be your health.

And I'll give your a quote that always helps me from "Born to run":

“Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up, it knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're the lion or a gazelle-when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.”
  • airant
    airant Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi,

A bad day is not the end of your journey. It's in your power to pick back up and do the right things. Drink plenty of water and hit the gym. You know what you have to do ;) so just do it! (Ha ha, that sounded like an ad :)) ). Your main motivator should be your health.

And I'll give your a quote that always helps me from "Born to run":

“Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up, it knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're the lion or a gazelle-when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.”
    Love the quote,, So true
  • Alotalove4u
    Alotalove4u Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Well it looks to me that everyone so-far who has responded to you has given you great advice, Just because you messed up does not seal your fate and the race is not over, GET-UP!!!!!!!! - BRUSH OFF!!!!!!!!!!!! - MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..
    we all have and will fall short but because you realise it then you are a WINNER!!!!!! You are doing a GREAT job, Just remember that....
  • superpoo
    superpoo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Sorry for my late response.

Thank you all for the great advice. I will remember (and possibly write everything and stick it on my fridge to help me remember my goals) them the next time I've had a bad day.

Ranting it out and reading all your responses has actually made me more 'responsible'. Every time I feel the need to eat something bad or skip exercise, I imagine telling that to everybody here. I realize it's bad and de-motivating for everyone and that's the last thing I want to do.

The next 4 days would be challenging as I would be on a short vacation.

Will post my updates soon.

Feel free to add me. :)

Thank y'll! Love you guys!