Color Run!

Options
HatherM
HatherM Posts: 404 Member
Today I signed up for the Manchester Color Run to keep me motivated whilst I do C25K which I started yesterday.

Is anyone else doing it?

Looks like loads of fun :happy:

http://www.thecolorrun.co.uk/

Replies

• kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm doing London and will be doing W1D3 of C25k tomorrow!

Should be finished in perfect time for the run.

Good luck!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Manchester too! :D
    and restarting c25k on monday :)
    x
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    yeah I had to sign up to something, as I keep putting off doing C25K so thought this looked the most fun & gives me time to do the training for it :happy:

I'm really excited about it
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Manchester too :)
  • Geckoqueen
    Geckoqueen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Manchester too. I've downloaded the C25K app but have some catching up to do.
  • dragonfly_em
    dragonfly_em Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    didn't know they were in the UK...off to check if any near bristol!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    unfortunately its just london and manchester this year x
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Wanted to do London but will be too expensive plus the children
  • triskaidekaphile13
    triskaidekaphile13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We were in France on holiday for the last fortnight and it was their first ever Color run on Sunday morning in Calais. They call it Holi Run. People seemed bemused and didn't know it was from the US and thought it was just a new thing invented that weekend. Unfortunately it started at 10am for the 5K (9:30am for the 10K) and so I couldn't do it and get to Eurotunnel in time for our shuttle. Let's hope it's a success and they do more locations next year.

I love park run. They have events all over the UK every weekend. Free and it's great to run against your own PB. No colours involved unless you count the mud which is usually brown.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options

I love park run. They have events all over the UK every weekend. Free and it's great to run against your own PB. No colours involved unless you count the mud which is usually brown.

Recently discovered there's a ParkRun in my local park on Sat mornings. When I've finished c25k I'm definitely going to be joining in!
  • smiffy645
    smiffy645 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    We were in France on holiday for the last fortnight and it was their first ever Color run on Sunday morning in Calais. They call it Holi Run. People seemed bemused and didn't know it was from the US and thought it was just a new thing invented that weekend. Unfortunately it started at 10am for the 5K (9:30am for the 10K) and so I couldn't do it and get to Eurotunnel in time for our shuttle. Let's hope it's a success and they do more locations next year.

The term Holi relates to the Hindu festival where this originated from, the US guy who started the colour run took the idea from there.