honor thy mother....

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey, happy mother's day!!! Love them, hug them and show them you care. I was told once even if not thr greatest mom respect her position. If you do not have one a huge hug and kiss to you. God bless and comfort your heart. May as someone hold your hand today. Mentor another so they may know how to nurture.
God bless those who were not able yo mother...nay God mend the heart and wondering spirit.

Show affection today.

Love
WW

Replies

• ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Comforting message, divinely stated.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    The sermon at church was exactly this topic. Regardless if your parents had the ability to parent well or not you need to honor them. There is a difference between respect and honor. Respect is earned and honor is a gift. You can honor a person without respecting them.

Well I looked up the definition of honor and it stated that it is a showing of usually merited respect. Oh well, that does not mean that you cannot honor someone of whom you do not respect.

I called my aunt-in-law of whom has been a mother figure since I was 10 (my husband's aunt, I have known my husband since I was 10, I grew up across the street from his cousins); my mother-in-law (of whom there is little respect for but I love dearly); and my mommy (of whom I have great respect for but I grew up to that point by becoming a parent myself).