*facepalm* Oh, yeah! Transportation!

Options
Krys_140
Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
Hey - I have a dilemma...

It all starts with me not being very bright, and ends with me arriving Thursday, leaving Monday, and having no way to get around New York, because I can't afford to rent a car for the whole damn weekend (and can't even begin to imagine how much it would cost to take a cab to Goshen from LaGuardia and back again).

Dumb dumb dumb

Anyone not yet rented a car, and care to go in on it with me? Or maybe you'll be in NYC on Thursday and planning to drive out to the hotel that night?

I arrive at LaGuardia on Thursday evening (5:20pm), and my hotel res starts that night.
Was hoping to spend Friday in NYC, and don't care if I get back to the hotel that night, but would need someplace to sleep instead.
Staying until Monday, and fly back out of LaGuardia that afternoon (3pm).

I can't afford to rent a car on my own for the weekend, but would be willing to split the cost with other(s), or pay for gas, or whatever, if others can cart my ass around.

I'm usually a planner, but I dropped the ball on this one. D'oh.

Replies

• Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to help you out if you need it. I have a car and live in Peekskill, NY, which is about an hour outside of the city. It's also accessible by Metro-North which is the train line that runs from NYC into Westchester (Maybe $8-10 each way depending on the stop in NYC). I also split my time between working in Peekskill and Goshen, so I drive back and forth quite frequently.

So if you wanted to take the train up to Peekskill, I'd happily drive you, especially if it synchs up with my work schedule. And I could possibly be cajoled into driving into the city if you needed a ride.

And I know that if I end up staying in the Goshen area Sunday night, I can definitely give you a ride to Peekskill the next morning when I drive to work.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to help you out if you need it. I have a car and live in Peekskill, NY, which is about an hour outside of the city. It's also accessible by Metro-North which is the train line that runs from NYC into Westchester (Maybe $8-10 each way depending on the stop in NYC). I also split my time between working in Peekskill and Goshen, so I drive back and forth quite frequently.

So if you wanted to take the train up to Peekskill, I'd happily drive you, especially if it synchs up with my work schedule. And I could possibly be cajoled into driving into the city if you needed a ride.

And I know that if I end up staying in the Goshen area Sunday night, I can definitely give you a ride to Peekskill the next morning when I drive to work.
    Thanks, Emma! I appreciate that so much! :flowerforyou:

I'll consider this my plan, unless anyone else comes back and wants to go in on a rental, which will save you from having to cart me around.