**WEEK 5 DAY 21

Options
5 One day as Jesus was preaching on the shore of the Sea of Galilee, great crowds pressed in on him to listen to the word of God. 2 He noticed two empty boats at the water’s edge, for the fishermen had left them and were washing their nets. 3 Stepping into one of the boats, Jesus asked Simon, its owner, to push it out into the water. So he sat in the boat and taught the crowds from there.

4 When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Now go out where it is deeper, and let down your nets to catch some fish.”

5 “Master,” Simon replied, “we worked hard all last night and didn’t catch a thing. But if you say so, I’ll let the nets down again.” 6 And this time their nets were so full of fish they began to tear! 7 A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish and on the verge of sinking.

8 When Simon Peter realized what had happened, he fell to his knees before Jesus and said, “Oh, Lord, please leave me—I’m too much of a sinner to be around you.” 9 For he was awestruck by the number of fish they had caught, as were the others with him. 10 His partners, James and John, the sons of Zebedee, were also amazed.

Jesus replied to Simon, “Don’t be afraid! From now on you’ll be fishing for people!” 11 And as soon as they landed, they left everything and followed Jesus.

Replies

• MrsLarCat
    MrsLarCat Posts: 118
    Options
    A fisher of men - this parable is so well known - even in the secular world. The only part that drew my attention, that I felt was new to me was the part where Simon Peter told Jesus to leave because he was too much of a sinner to be around him. Jesus came to those that had yet to repent and turn their lives to God - showing that he will reach or "fish" for those not actively pursuing him. This thought is comforting. The part about leaving everything is intimidating, I wonder if I would have been strong enough to do that.

Dear Lord,
    Please keep Joey safe this week and watch over myself and my family. In your time, bring Joey to you, help me to be patient in the meantime. Let me be one who has turned my life over to God - strengthen me and give me a desire for you and your word. Thank you for your blessings and forgive my sins. Keep me from any temptation. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.
  • Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Observation: Jesus told the fisherman not to be afraid he would make them fishers of men. He used the experince with the fisherman's nets being full to show them that He would provide for them.

Application: I know that in my calling God will provide the people he desires for me to minister to and the things I need to pursue my calling

Prayer: I know that you are helping me know that you will provide for me in my desire to serve you and pursue my God given destiny. I don't need to worry about seeking for the people you will bring the people you want me to reach out too. help me to put my complete faith and trust in you.
  • kimbershep
    kimbershep Posts: 72
    Options
    LUKE 5: 1-11

OBSERVATION
    Jesus took the time to meet the disciples there on their level. He showed them that He truly cared about their livelihood...their day to day lives but wanted to show them that they could be so much more. Peter was so in awe until the first thing he felt when he saw the miracle performed was the greatness in Jesus and his insignificance. When we witness to people we must be that same way. Jesus didn't flaunt who He was and constantly did things to prove how great He was over everyone else. He showed forth love and showed He cared.

APPLICATION
    Having a heart for God and a desire to share my experiences, I want to keep it real and show the love of Christ in me in the way I treat others.

PRAYER
    Heavenly Father, help me to always decrease so that you might increase in my life. My desire is to be a help and not a hindrance to others. Thank you for this in Jesus' name, Amen