**WEEK 5 DAY 22

Options
12 In one of the villages, Jesus met a man with an advanced case of leprosy. When the man saw Jesus, he bowed with his face to the ground, begging to be healed. “Lord,” he said, “if you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean.”

13 Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” And instantly the leprosy disappeared. 14 Then Jesus instructed him not to tell anyone what had happened. He said, “Go to the priest and let him examine you. Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy. This will be a public testimony that you have been cleansed.”

15 But despite Jesus’ instructions, the report of his power spread even faster, and vast crowds came to hear him preach and to be healed of their diseases. 16 But Jesus often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer.

Replies

• Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Observation: Jesus healed the leper but instructed him not to tell anyone about his healing. So that seeing him cleansed would be more of a testimony to the people. despite Jesus's instructions the leper told about his healing the report spread like wild fire.

Application: when you experince a healing you don't have to tell everyone about it let them look at the inward evidence to see for themself you have healed and cleansed. That is more of a public testimony.

Prayer: I ask you to help me to let my life be a living testimony not only in the healing and delieverances I experince but also that your light will shine so bright in me that I won't need to tell everyone about my experince they will see it for themself.
  • MrsLarCat
    MrsLarCat Posts: 118
    Options
    It's surprising to me, despite Jesus healing him, the leper defied his wishes and told people. If it were me, I would think that if I defied the person who performed the miracle, that it might be taken away. I think the portion about Jesus often retiring to the wilderness to pray shows us that even though he was being praised on Earth, he still needed his Father? Either way, he didn't forget who supplied him with the power to heal.

Dear Lord,
    Help me not to forget about you. Bring Joey to you and grow my desire for you. Forgive my sins, in Jesus' name.
    Amen.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Thanks for being faithful in your posts!

My application/observations are pretty much the same.

We don't need to be big and loud all the time. God speaks through our stillness. and Jesus needed his alone time with God, too.
  • kimbershep
    kimbershep Posts: 72
    Options
    LUKE 5: 12-16

OBSERVATION
    Leprosy didn't have a cure for it (like AIDS in our day) so those who had it were considered untouchable. Some people were even casted out because of it depending if it were bad enough. Jesus didn't see his sickness and think He wouldn't touch him due to the sickness, He looked passed that and saw a man in need and helped Him by healing him completely. Being that this man had an advanced case it showed that there is nothing too hard for God. I often wonder if a man living on the street can tell us how many times anyone stopped to witness to Him or stopped to get him something to eat. I wonder what if someone comes up to me that might have sores all over their body but wanting prayer, what would I do? I think sometimes we get so stuck on outside appearances and make a judgment from that instead of allowing the love of God to flow through us, compassion to seep out of us.

This last verse really stuck with me because it gives me my answer to my biggest question - how do I maintain balance in my life. I have so much going on now and its a sacrifice to keep it together but as long as we take that time to seek God's face in prayer just as Jesus did, He will give us strength that was taken from us each day. He will help us to feel at peace and not stressed. Only by things like this bible study and prayer will we regain strength. The Word of God feeds us and through prayer He delivers us and make us whole.

APPLICATION
    Love everyone and don't be quick to judge. Be who God desires for me to be in Him. Make sure that I fill up daily by reading the Word, praying and spending quality time with God.

PRAYER
    Heavenly Father, through your Word I ask that you give me what I need to make it. Help me to treat others as I would like to be treated. Also, help me to not get caught up in daily mess that I forget to go to you in prayer. I ask in Jesus' name, Amen.