159 members

Options
Terry903
Terry903 Posts: 43 Member
This group is supposed to have 159 members, yet no one seems to be out there... ARE you there?

Replies

• angelgayla
    angelgayla Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm here, but I'm new to the group. Not a lot of activity since I've been here. I'd love to find a fun group that has weekly challenges for motivation - eating and exercising.
  • shutrbugz
    shutrbugz Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm new — just joined MFP yesterday and thought I'd join this group as well. Sorry to hear it doesn't seem to be all that active, but perhaps we could get it going again! Looking for others to connect with, spur on, trade the ups & downs of our common journeys.
    Hope to see you around!

Congrats, Angel, and your weight loss — WOW!!! Now that's impressive! :flowerforyou:
  • Terry903
    Options
    Oh goodie! Active people! Hi all! I am still here forever tenacious! I am pleased to say my goal was to move more than I have been. I did that and found I ate less and felt better. Yippee! How are you all doing out there!
  • 13tea
    13tea Posts: 55
    Options
    Glad you are moving. Anything I can do to keep my mind off food is a plus. I can go for hours, not being hungry, not thinking of food, then POW. There it is, that word FOOD in my field of vision and when that happens, it's hard to remove it from my field of vision. So now I'll try moving, along with reading, talking on the phone, unsuccessful meditation....
  • dwendling63
    Options
    Hi Terry :happy: I just found the over 50 group! Can I be number 160 ? LOL! I turned 50 Mar 11 and one month later my doctor told me to loose 50 pounds, get my sugar in check and my cholesterol. Apparently I am part of a "profiled" ladies called the 3 F's...Fat, Fifty & Female, in the medical world. I was shock that my physican verbalized that to me. She has added new meds for the cholesterol and increased others for mood and thyroid and instructed me to clean up my diet. And with all that said and done I have now lost 18 lbs and have began walking a few times a week. I still have 32 to go...but, that's okay...in the process of getting healthy and bettering my blood work numbers in July...I have found MFP and am enjoying my new found path and "fitness pals". To all of you Happy Tuesday! ~Robin
  • Terry903
    Options
    Well hello! One day a time is how I go.. Every day is a new day and I have learned to be more patient with myself. I have started cutting up apples and veggies so I can go to work with snacks ready to go. Other wise I eat bad things. I also have been surprised at some of the food I thought was healthy. I look up food on this sight and sometimes you could knock me over with a feather. I thought I was eating healthy stuff when it was not! I recently discovered Triscuits had to go; I have switched to wheat thins. Sometimes I eat baby organic carrots with a little salt on them instead of crackers or some popcorn because they fill me up and I get to crunch something. Hang in there!
  • maryhannold
    maryhannold Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Those s are good ideas! I too have cut out crackers.
  • maryhannold
    maryhannold Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think one reason for inactivity is that the groups are not accessible on the mobile app and a lot of users just use the app and do not go to the website.
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am here and glad to see others looking for others to share their journey. I was posting quite a few topics in different groups and not really getting much of a response. I am 1 year post-op from the gastric sleeve, so maybe there aren't too many others with the same issues in this group, but we are all trying to get healthier.
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined yesterday and am working my way around this site trying to figure out where everything is. ~Kim~:smile:
  • operator646
    Options
    Welcome! I love MFP, it is one of the best tools I have found on my weight loss journey.
  • 19sherry58
    19sherry58 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Back on mfp after giving up and gaining back what I lost plus more!:sad: have had no luck on my own so I decided to give this another try.
  • mimisfat
    mimisfat Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I just joined the group and hope we can get the activity up.
  • ngaih
    ngaih Posts: 5
    Options
    Kia Ora from NZ - I'm first timer to MFP, Facebook and social media - so not as active in the 159ers- I'm prime timing (50yo) and started the hcg diet and have lost 5kgs over 10 days from 80-75 kgs and my gaol is 70kgs (tracking ok) - also first time on resistance bands - also cooking seriously with herbs and spices and I'm just querying if anyone uses coconut oil in their VLCD.

My phase 2 ends on Wednesday and I will rejoin the 1200 cals regime - which is somewhat met with apprehension due to the normalcy of 500 cal VLCD. Loving the success stories re: HCG. If anyone can advise re: coconut oil I would be grateful.
  • ngaih
    ngaih Posts: 5
    Options
    Kia Ora from NZ - I'm first timer to MFP, Facebook and social media - so not as active in the 159ers- I'm prime timing (50yo) and started the hcg diet and have lost 5kgs over 10 days from 80-75 kgs and my gaol is 70kgs (tracking ok) - also first time on resistance bands - also cooking seriously with herbs and spices and I'm just querying if anyone uses coconut oil in their VLCD.

My phase 2 ends on Wednesday and I will rejoin the 1200 cals regime - which is somewhat met with apprehension due to the normalcy of 500 cal VLCD. Loving the success stories re: HCG. If anyone can advise re: coconut oil I would be grateful.
  • fitNhealthyat55
    fitNhealthyat55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone. I just started using MFP 2 1/2 weeks ago when I joined an outside group of ladies for a 10 week weight loss challenge. Trying to focus on taking this weight off ONCE AND FOR ALL! I also started a 30 day ab challenge and a 30 day arm challenge. IT IS TOUGH - but I'm doing it! I am staying committed and feel encouraged. This app has really helped me and so happy to be using it :)
  • operator646
    Options
    I am glad you are giving it another try. I find that even if I am totally screwing up, logging onto MFP keeps me somewhat in the zone. I can't even imagine how bad I would be doing otherwise. I am still trying to figure out why is soooo... difficult to accept the fact that this is a lifetime commitment. The battle is never going to change or end, so why do I keep falling back into old habits?
  • kathyt08069
    kathyt08069 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just found this group and hope to gain some friends and support. If you are actively working on losing weight please add me as a friend.
  • Strong_Heart
    Strong_Heart Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Is this group still active?
    It seems it has been several weeks since anyone has posted. :cry:

I am looking for weight loss buddies to share the weight loss journey.
  • kathyt08069
    kathyt08069 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    the group does not seem to be very active but I have found some good friends here. Please add me to your friend list.