Amy's Baking Company(Must read!)

Options
Laces_0ut
Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
anyone seen this story? its a restaurant in Scottsdale that Gordon Ramsay went to and the owners appear to be absolutely insane. its the only time Gordon has ever walked out on a restaurant and not finished the show.

link to the episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6LY7TJ16pg&feature=player_embedded

and here is a link to a blog that details all that has gone on.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/this-is-the-most-epic-brand-meltdown-on-facebook-ever

anyone ever been there?

Replies

• 407NaTiVe
    407NaTiVe Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for posting that link, I watched both parts with my mouth wide open. UNREAL! It wasn't just Amy's attitude, but the fact that they treat customers that way and act like common Street Thugs?!?!?!? Then the owners keep the servers tips??? WOW!

That was the most bizarre display of a realty guest(s). Amy is CRAZY. Her husband is just WAY OUT OF TOUCH with REALITY & NUTZ. (but, he did at least want to listen more than his wife.)

I am familiar with that Plaza, but have never been to that place. To say they don't deserve to do business with the public or have any employees is an understatement.

Gordon Ramsay always annoyed me previously (When I'd see him YELLING @ people.), but he was SPOT ON with this and I was routing for him the whole time. Those 2 are definiately control freaks. How does 1 person cook all that food AND make all those pastries? I'm not sure I buy that. I think they probably spend a lot of time & money at COSTCO.

. . . (Read some posts on Yelp, people are tearing this place apart.) Apparently there was something that occurred in 2010. Someone wrote a review in 2010 and said something about Amy keeping her head up or something. They (the owners) were apparently responding to NEGATIVE reviews online way back when. I also read that Amy was arrested for credit card fraud before she married her current husband. Not sure if that is true, but interesting.

Thanks again for posting this. I am oddly TRANSFIXED now, but would be SCARED to go there!!! It looks like they are TEMPORARILY closed for business anyway!
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I was reading this in the paper! They are reopening next week I think. I think people will go there for the freak show! They're like the Soup Nazi lol
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I live really close to the restaurant. the sign says ABC, which apparently stands for Amy's Baking Company. They served pizza, pasta, chicken, but not a whole lot of baked goods. The name is somewhat misleading.

I ate there about a year ago. Thought their drinks were terrible but the food was pretty good. They have a lovely dessert case and I took some home for my family. It wasn't a great or terrible experience but I didn't like it enough to go back.