#21 Skinny No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie

Options
J3nnyV
J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
The next recipe is a dessert! We have plans to see my parents this weekend, so I'm going to make this to share with them. Looks delicious! My parents live in the US for half the year, but just got home to Canada two weeks ago. My dad brought me two jars of Better 'n Peanut Butter from Trader Joes, so I'm going to use that. Otherwise, Gina says you can use light or regular PB, but it will change the NI.

Here is the recipe:

Skinny No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/02/skinny-no-bake-peanut-butter-pie.htmlMay 15, 2013
Light and creamy and ever so addicting! Whip this up in minutes for a dessert everyone will love. It's Peanut Butter Lover's Day (who knew!) so I thought I would revive this from the archives, one of my favorite desserts!
I don't know about you but I love pie! Fruit pies, banana pie, pumpkin pie, pudding pies, and high on my list... peanut butter pie. To keep it light I used Better n' Peanut Butter which is available at Target, Trader Joe's, health food stores and online.
Drizzle the top with a little chocolate syrup right before serving and you will enjoy each and every last bite!

Skinny No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 10 • Serving Size: 1/10 • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 216.8 • Fat: 6.4 g • Protein: 2.9 g • Carb: 32.9 g • Fiber: 1.3 g • Sugar: 16.7 g
Sodium: 94.6 mg
Ingredients:

5 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/3 cup Better n Peanut Butter
8 oz fat free frozen whipped topping, thawed (or truwhip for healthier option*)
reduced fat graham cracker pie crusts
3 tbsp Hershey's chocolate syrup

Directions:
Beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar together in a medium bowl.
Mix in Better 'n Peanut Butter and beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
Spoon into graham cracker pie shell; cover, and refrigerate until firm, at least 2-3 hours. Drizzle with chocolate syrup before serving.
Note: For an all natural whipped topping option, look for truwhip. It contains neither high fructose corn syrup nor hydrogenated oil. Their website has a store finder so you can locate it at a store near you.

Replies

• BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My family is going to love me for this one!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I like dessert :smile:

I'm just going to use regular peanut butter, but out of curiosity, what is Better 'n Peanut Butter?
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Better N Peanut Butter is http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/index.php

I dont mind it for spreading on pancakes or PB&J, you do have to keep cold, so its hard to spread straight from the jar.
  • Pepper2185
    Options
    I totally love this!

When I had mixed everything together, I didn't have enough filling to fill my pie crust, so I threw the rest of my cream cheese block into the bowl, along with more of the other ingredients. Worked perfectly.

I also used regular peanut butter because I'm really not a fan of fake peanut butters. But I did use Cool Whip - which is basically edible plastic ... so I'm a hypocrite. Oh well :ohwell:

I let it set overnight in the fridge, and I'm eating it without the chocolate drizzle. It reminds me of a peanut butter cup. I'm going to make this again. My husband is out of town this weekend and he's going to love this if there's any left by the time he gets home.
  • Pepper2185
    Options
    My mom came over and I gave her a piece and she said it was amazing.

It's actually not too bad for her, either (she's diabetic). Cream cheese, peanut butter, and light Cool Whip are all "diabetic friendly" - I could make this again and leave out the confectioners sugar and she would be able to eat it without too much worry.
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Delicious and sooo easy. I used regular peanut butter. And I didn't have any chocolate syrup, so I melted some dark chocolate chips and spread it on top. The chocolate hardened in the fridge, kind of like a chocolate shell, but was still tasty. Next time, though, I should make my own syrup: http://www.kitchentreaty.com/homemade-chocolate-syrup/
  • J3nnyV
    J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies! I made it too!

Everyone at my house really liked this too! I actually used a chocolate graham cracker crust (bc it was on sale and the regulars ones weren't .... Hahaha) and as you can guess, it was pretty yummy!

My dad is a diabetic too and my mom and I talked about leaving (or at least halving) the sugar. I used Better n Peanut Butter, only cause I had it.

There's enough left over for me to have another slice!
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I REALLY want to make this,Im just so scared im going to eat the whole darn thing! I think If i leave out the sugar,I'll feel better about it. I know my son is going to lalalala lovvve it! That is,if I leave some for him by the time i get done with it.

Thanks for the awesome recipe!