Not sure when to stop losing?

bjswifty
bjswifty Posts: 5 Member
This may sound odd, but I've had great progress and losing 1-2 lbs a week working out and eating healthy. I dropped my weekly lb per week from 2 to 1.5 to now 1, thinking I wanna slow down now I'm to a better weight of 170ish vs 195+ when I started. But I'm afraid to increase the counter to 0lbs a week loss as I find it hard to eat all calories in a day now anyhow, I guess I trained my body to not want food as much? I'm lifting weights now and understand if I wanna get strong, I gotta eat more calories and gain weight, but I'm just scared when it says to keep my weight constant it's 2200 calories, I'm struggling to eat all 1750 now, is it strange that I'm feeling this way?

Thanks for the insight!

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 821 Member
    I don't think it's strange....
    If you want to bulk up with lifting, you'll actually need to go above that 2200 even... you'll need to be at a calorie surplus to build those muscles up...
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Maybe try eating more calorie dense foods. That way you wont have to eat as much. Avocados, nuts, nut butters, cheese, full fat milk, full fat dressings just to name a few.
  • bjswifty
    bjswifty Posts: 5 Member
    Ok thanks, I just freak out a bit when I've been used to 1750 or so calories and see 2200 or so to keep my weight I'm at didn't know if that was right or not.

Still not sure if I should start eating more and focusing on lifting just yet, got rolls and a pooch still but I've heard fat melts away when bulked up and more muscular.

Thanks!