Love myself - but would just like to be a little thinner!

Options
jollygoodgal
jollygoodgal Posts: 15 Member
I like myself, and my looks, but everytime I go to the wardrobe, for the last year or two, I think I would really feel better if I was 10 or 12 pounds thinner, and my clothes would then all fit and look better on me. I can still wear them, but they feel and I am sure, look a little tight...that is why I am not getting real serious and just getting by.....I am going to make an honest effort to really crack down and be really a good size by December. Love the club started here, gorgeous, skinny and loveable. Will post a picture soon, as soon as I figure out how to do it....Jollygoodgal.

Replies

• jacatkins
    jacatkins Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Morning Jollygoodgal!

Well done on the promise to yourself to crack down and start loving yourself so you will get those few pesky pounds off.. Good Luck and if you ever need a chat or just want support, let me know :) xx
  • Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'll do like you, post a picture one day! This week-end I think.I t will show a 20 pounds difference AND most importantly, a new look at myself! I'm a work in progress, but I just feel good in the dress I'm thinking of for a picture. I feel sexy, gorgeous. Even if it's just for a few seconds!

Also, I don't know if you ever noticed, but when you feel good about yourself and the way you look you find that people see you (in the good way :))
  • jacatkins
    jacatkins Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Also, I don't know if you ever noticed, but when you feel good about yourself and the way you look you find that people see you (in the good way :))

absolutely agree!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Everyday when I see myself in the mirror, I think ''well, that's not very good''. But I'm not at 100%. I wear clothes which are too large for me, which I bought years ago, I don't really care about looking good because I work at home with children and I'm cleaning a lot.

To that extent I don't even want to try wearing something nice because it would be ruined by a stain of something or whatever. This is quite logical. Also, I wake up a bit early and just have the time to do what is necessary before working. I could have more time just waking up earlier, but I neglect myself for a bit of sleep. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think it sucks, because I would need less than 15 minutes to look a bit better (not talking about my clothes)

It really does not help me to love myself, because I have a negative way to look at myself. Of course, I do not look ''very good'' on these days. What's surprising? I don't even make time to make it happen!

I'm not saying you NEED to wear high heels and make up more than reasonable to love yourself. It's just a way to be, a way to think. And you can adjust that with a few details. Like wearing clothes which fits you for example. Or painting your nails, or whatever :)

The job I'm currently doing is almost finished, and then I will have no excuses to feel good. Because that's the problem sometimes when you don't feel good about yourself: you're making excuses. And you saw that I had excuses before (my job), and writing that reply makes me realize I'm just taking my job as an excuse to neglect my physical appearance.

So everybody, what are you going to do tomorrow to feel a bit better about yourself? haks for reading, and sorry this post is not very coherent :)