I'm annoyed at myself

Options
Rag_Doll
Rag_Doll Posts: 49 Member
I am absolutely thrilled to be pregnant, I'll say that first but feel very foolish for getting pregnant before reaching a healthy weight! I had read up on cerrazette and how people struggled to get pregnant for a while after stopping taking it. In our case, we stopped taking it to soon. How am I still so naive and stupid at 31 years??

I guess I'm typing this out of a need to vent and know all I can do now is to eat healthy and move daily and hope my mistake does not affect my child majorly.

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Overweight and obese people have healthy babies and healthy pregnancies all the time. Don't beat yourself up - I don't know if you're religious but I firmly believe sometimes things are out of our control for a reason because certain individuals are just meant to be here. My kiddo is not planned per se because I was told it's impossible to get pregnant, so I was hard at work on weightloss mode when we got our suprise positive test. My first reaction was, but I'm not at ideal weight yet! It's silly because it was obviously not me who got to pick this timing for our LO, so I stopped stressing :)
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine, our soon to be daughter was a surprise too. :) Just keep exercising as you can and eating well. My weight hasn't been a problem for me at all.
  • samarieL
    samarieL Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous posters. This is my fifth pregnancy and my highest weight but I've been overweight in all of my pregnancies. I do have bigger babies but I blame that on my husband who was big at birth himself. All of my kiddos are healthy and happy and actually their all incredibly slim and healthy. My oldest looks like we never feed him.
  • Rag_Doll
    Rag_Doll Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks and my apologies if anyone found my words offensive. It wasn't my intention, we'll be just fine if I don't throw stress into the mix. I'm so happy right now!!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I don't think you said anything even remotely offensive! It's normal to be kind of like "oh, man!" when you get pregnant before hitting goal weight. I'd lost 82 lbs after my son was born (not counting initial postpartum drop, which would make it more like 100+ lbs), and I'd gained back a few by getting lazy with my food. I had been doing 1200 calories (and not eating back exercise calories) and I think had burnt myself out.

I was pissed at myself for doing that, and then it came time to try for baby #2... I had a hard time wrapping my brain around "ruining" all the hard work I had done, but I figured it was a small and temporary sacrifice to make. I could have been stricter with my food and logging, but part of me just said to forget it, that I only planned on being pregnant this one last time, so what the hey. As such I've gained way more than I should, but it's ok. (My induction date is a week and a half away, so I'm sure to have a baby by then.) I had an almost perfect pregnancy, so I can't complain about my weight gain. It is what it is, and I know how I am tackling the weight this time.

It's hard not to be annoyed with yourself, but keep in mind that you are doing this to have a healthy baby. Waiting longer may have meant no baby at all. You never know what happens when you tempt fate. Enjoy your pregnancy, focus on having a healthy baby, and worry about the weight later :)
  • JennyV2013
    JennyV2013 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I can relate. This is my third and I weighed more starting out than I did at #2's delivery:( I'm 34 though and felt like time was not on my side. The pressure to lose weight quickly to have a baby made me sabotage myself and I actually gained in the months before we were going to start trying. It's rough being this heavy and depressing, but I'm trying to stay positive and set a plan to successfully lose when the baby arrives. You're not alone!