**WEEK 5 DAY 24

Options
27 Later, as Jesus left the town, he saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at his tax collector’s booth. “Follow me and be my disciple,” Jesus said to him. 28 So Levi got up, left everything, and followed him.

29 Later, Levi held a banquet in his home with Jesus as the guest of honor. Many of Levi’s fellow tax collectors and other guests also ate with them. 30 But the Pharisees and their teachers of religious law complained bitterly to Jesus’ disciples, “Why do you eat and drink with such scum?”

31 Jesus answered them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. 32 I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners and need to repent.”

Replies

• Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Observation: Jesus was pointing out to the pharisees they have no need of Jesus because they think they are righteous. That He came for those who are sick . He doesn't call those who are righteous but he calls those who think they are sinners and need to repent.

Application: I must remember Jesus calls those who think they are sinners and need to repent. I always thought because I sin and make mistakes I was not someone God will call or use because he was looking for the righteous. this really helps me to know that this is not correct

Prayer: I thank you for showing me that you indeed have called me and that I can be used of you. help me not to be so hard on myself. realize that you love me.
  • MrsLarCat
    MrsLarCat Posts: 118
    Options
    Thank you, Lord, for sending your son so that we that are sick with sin may join you in heaven - please assure me I am one of these. Please forgive my sins, continue to watch over me and bless me. Bring Joey to you. Bless our marriage. In Jesus' name, Amen.
  • kimbershep
    kimbershep Posts: 72
    Options
    LUKE 5: 26-32

OBSERVATION
    Jesus was showing that it doesn't matter who you are, your status or even if you were the biggest sinner, you still have a chance to come to Him, repent for your sins and have eternal life. Even those who think they are "that" righteous and do not sin are fooling themselves. We will never be perfect. We all sin even if its unknowingly; which is why we must pray and repent daily and except God's renewed grace daily. As Christians we cannot look down on those who are doing wrong because we are not perfect. Witness to that person. If they do not except it move on however they will not be able to stand before God and say that they didn't know. Our job is to spread the Word.

One thing I had to come to realize is that we were not saved to sit soley in the church and amongst ourselves. We are commissioned to spread the Word of God. That means to go out in places sometimes and share the Word. We don't have to be crazy about it but I found out that even sitting at IHOP with a group of people sharing God's Word can bring someone over to the table to join in the conversation. Going out bowling with our "TEN NINE TEN" T-Shirts on will bring about questions on what it means and can strike up a conversation about Jesus Christ. Nevertheless, the point is that any and everyone has a chance to be saved and its our job as christians to make sure they know how. We don't need to be focused on which people as if we are judging or categorizing.

APPLICATION
    Simply do what God has commissioned me to do.

PRAYER
    Heavenly Father, I pray that each day I will live a life meaningful and fulfilling. I ask that as I come across those who need to hear a Word will be willing and I will be ready to help. Help me through your Word, prayer and fasting allow my flesh to decrease and the Holy Spirit increase so that I will be looking through spiritual eyes and hear your voice immediately. Thank you for this and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.