irritated and relieved at the same time

Options
samarieL
samarieL Posts: 33 Member
So I love my ob. She always answers all of my questions, explains why we're doing this or that test etc. She was great with my first daughter's pregnancy and that hasn't changed this go around.

Last week I had my 20 week appt and ultra sound but my own ob was on vacation that week. So I had to see a different ob. I had taken a 1hr glucose test in between appointments and she'd also had me do a 24hr protein collection. So I asked the ob that I saw about the results of those and for some reason neither one was in my file. I should have insisted then that they locate the results and we would wait but the kids were all antsy as we'd brought them along for the ultra sound. On the way home I found a voicemail from my ob's nurse about the test results. I called her back and when I finally reached her she told me that I had failed the glucose test and that my protein was high. She said that the ob referred me to an endo.

After much conversation with a couple of friends who had previously had gestational diabetes I began eating for gestational diabetes a couple of days ago. The endo finally called and scheduled my appointment for late July, baby will be here by Sept 23rd. My friends encouraged me to call the ob for more info - like how high were my sugars and protein.

I called today and spoke with the nurse again. I actually passed the 1hr glucose. I wasn't even close to failing. My protein was also in the normal range, it was on the high end but it was in the normal range and from my reading on the internet there are lots of reasons why a one time urine test could be on the higher end. So I'm relieved that there isn't actually anything wrong with me and baby right now, I'm kind of irritated at the stress I've experienced for no reason for the past week.