Time for Transformation

Options
Challenge A Day Friends,
I just wanted to share a new challenge for me. I have been on MFP for several years, I left for a few years then came back last year when my latest weight loss extreme diet switched from losing weight to gaining weight. Since I came back I have gained back over 30 of the 40 lbs I lost. I've struggled with why this has happened when I have been working out, doing my best to eat right, giving up, getting back on the wagon, struggling again, trying to find the solution, thinking I'm on the right track, getting injured and having set backs to my workouts.

Sadly I am an emotional eater and easily deterred when I try on something that used to fit and now it's too small or I have a bad day and I just give up on myself and my hard work and over eat, eat the wrong thing, ect. I will struggle with this for the rest of my life. But I'm getting better at picking myself up and getting back on track

I have discovered that the brightest part of my day is when I log on to MFP and have support from my friends list and support here in Challenge A Day and either your words of friendship, support, and/or wisdom have helped me get through my struggles. The challenges here have given me food for thought and things to try to get further than where I am.

So the transformation that begins: I decided I need a name change, I have been Rachelh6 here since the beginning because I was new to this online thing and didn't really know what to do and my originality wasn't so great. Ten years ago a Wallflower walked into a dance studio and now is a lead dancer in the studio. Just over a year ago the same Wallflower walked into a gym to try to get in shape and get back to losing weight, did not have much success but made a friend that helped her find her inner Warrior and is still helping her. In the gym I am Warrior Cupcake in the Back Left Corner, of the Truly Fit Tribe, Under the Leadership of Warrior Diva Shawn. So I have decided it's time for the dancer and the warrior to combine, thus I have become WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr.
I have been given a food plan by a registered dietician that I have been trying to stick to, I am working towards it becoming a food lifestyle, one way I need to work on with this is to stop thinking that because I eat the same thing every day I don't need to log my food, I do, and I'm planning to start working on that again. I have been working out fewer days because of my mystery ankle problem, I'm not totally sure how to fix this, but my trainer is working on a plan to help me get more cardio when I can using the spin bikes at the gym, I have started walking on the treadmill at the gym, but my time is limited there because of how small the gym is, so I'm planning to start at least walking because it's OK that I'm not jogging (this seems to be the biggest problem: I have been jogging for so long, it's hard to go out and just walk and it doesn't seem like I'm doing enough when I just walk... I just need to get over it.)
So, my start begins tomorrow (other than that I have already changed my name).
Rachelh6 signing off, WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr signing on

Replies