13»

Replies

• adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
  • BadAtitude
    BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    D'oh I walked/hiked my butt off last week thinking this was a one week challenge not a month long challenge :frown: I definitely won't be keeping up this pace for the month (still suffering from shin splints)... maybe my challenge should be to read the challenges correctly! :laugh:
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,090 Member
    Options
    But now you have an huge advantage to the others! :bigsmile:

1. 4/7 days of 30 min exercise: 2/4
    2. km this week.: walking: 5.14 km
    3. 300 pushups: 55/300
    4. calorie burn: 529/2100
    5. 5 days without dessert: 2/5
    6. dessert recipe: not yet

total team calorie burn: according to the spreadsheet, there are 5 of us left in our team, so we should burn 10500 cal this week!
  • adancer59
    Options
  • Maalea
    Options
    Wow, did you see the results? Our group is first with the percentage lost! And Aphrdite, 2muchchoc and BadAtitude are several times in the best five - congrats to you!! :flowerforyou:

The challenge for me till wednesday:
    1. 4/7 days of 30 min exercise: 2/4
    2. km this week.: walking: 7.37 km
    3. 300 pushups: 55/300
    4. calorie burn: 619/2100
    5. 5 days without dessert: 3/5
  • Maalea
    Options
    up to thursday:

1. 4/7 days of 30 min exercise: 3/4
    2. km this week.: walking: 7.37 km, biking 15.63 km
    3. 300 pushups: 105/300
    4. calorie burn: 1486/2100
    5. 5 days without dessert: 4/5

Went to work by bike yesterday, and really enjoyed it. Most of it is on a bike/pedestrian path besides the canal, so it is rather stress-free (except for the evening when the bars and diners near the canal open, then there are too many pedestrians who just don't watch where they are going...)
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm glad to say that the anti-inflammatories prescribed last week appear to be fixing the foot so I have been able to get some walking in and managed most of the line dancing!
    Birthdays at work have provided cake temptation and I was shocked to find out that the yummy costco blueberry muffins were 604calories each! I used to eat a whole one as a snack - wow!
    Weather here has reverted to winter again so stodgy fatty foods are calling.
    Recently purchased some fitted clothes and have been getting some compliments so I'm trying to be good!

As far as the challenge goes:
    1. 4/7 days of exercise Done
    2. Person that walks/runs/bikes/swims the farthest Unlikely to be a contender for the furthest - Only walking this week
    3. Completing 300 push-ups =. Not going to happen!
    4. Team Challenge: Burn approx. 2100 calories this week. Shouldn't be a problem!
    5. 5/7 days with no desserts No - cant ignore the fruit, cereal bars and portions of muffin I scoffed!

Hope you are all doing ok? Lets hope the scales are kind to us on Monday
    P.S. just noticed the ticker is wrong as should be 33.7 lbs lost!
  • Maalea
    Options
    2muchchoc - good to hear that you foot is already better! And congrats on you new clothes - great nsv!!

I fell off the wagon in the lst three days - did some exercise, but did not pay attention to the calories... Weigh-in tomorrow won't be nice, and I am totally mad at myself :angry:
    On the positive side, I just finished with level 1 of the 30DS - tomorrow I'll start with level 2.

So, for the challenge:
    1. 4/7 days of 30 min exercise: 5/4 done
    2. km this week.: walking: 9.67 km, biking 15.63 km
    3. 300 pushups: 150/300
    4. calorie burn: 2296/2100
    5. 5 days without dessert: 4/5
    6. dessert recipe: no

Hope you had a good weekend!
  • adancer59
    Options
  • Maalea
    Options
    Weigh-in was not so good, as expected: 183.9, a gain of 0.2 lbs.

And this morning the doctor confirmed that my knee is really hurt, not just acting up, probably the meniskus. So until the MR and the next doctor's visit, no squats, no stairs and so on... :grumble:
    biking and a little walking is okay, as long as it is not up a hill.
  • BadAtitude
    Options
    okay I am officially writing this week off! This is the worst one I have had since I started with MFP:mad: I worked out just fine and I don't do desserts normally so that wasn't an issue but during the weekend I enjoyed a few special treats "BBQ's, Pizza and beer" and now I have gained 2.4 lbs. AAHHHH!!!!!!! I'm really pissed so I expect to have a badass week! :glasses:

6af7.jpg[/URL]

u6km.jpg[/URL]
  • BadAtitude
    Options
    In Summary:
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage
    2. Person that walks/runs/bikes/swims the farthest = 1 lbs advantage
    3. Completing 20 minutes of cardio calisthenics = 1 lbs advantage
    4. Pack lunch each day or incorporate more fruits/veggies into your lunch = 1 lbs advantage
    5. Post a picture of one lunch this week = 1 lbs advantage

** I have cereal at work everyday for lunch (love Fiber1) so hopefully that counts as packing a lunch:tongue:
  • Maalea
    Options
    I have been rather frsutrated since my doctor's visit on monday. I kind of thought he would make my knee better right away (yeah, rather naive), or at least say it is nothing serious and won't affect my trekking plans. Instead, now I have to wait for the next examinations to know how good or bad the meniscus is, and don't know how my vacation will look like (and it is less than a month away, with everything already planned) :sad:

I hope i will be back to normalmy normal self tomorrow ;-)
  • BadAtitude
    Options
    I have been rather frsutrated since my doctor's visit on monday. I kind of thought he would make my knee better right away (yeah, rather naive), or at least say it is nothing serious and won't affect my trekking plans. Instead, now I have to wait for the next examinations to know how good or bad the meniscus is, and don't know how my vacation will look like (and it is less than a month away, with everything already planned) :sad:

I hope i will be back to normalmy normal self tomorrow ;-)
    Just follow your doctors order and rest it well, by your next visit he might give you the go ahead :smile: You still have lots of time between now and your holiday and hopefully you heal quickly.:flowerforyou:
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm not great about taking my own advice but have found out the hard way that, as far as health/ exercise is concerned you cannot rush healing! It is frustrating but it will get sorted, hopefully quickly. Meanwhile rest it and don't risk further damage.
  • adancer59
    Options
    Important Update: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1023903-new-teams-new-spreadsheet
    The update is copied below :)

Hey all! I got several positive responses about my idea for combining teams so I decided to go ahead and do it. The sooner it happens, the sooner we get to know each other. We now have two teams! Feel free to keep reporting to the same captain as far as weigh-ins go, but now you can enjoy getting know more people and hopefully get more support in the message boards :)

Team A = Yellow, Red, White, and Pink
    Your Loft: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1023899-team-a-loft

Team B = Orange, Brown, Blue, Green, Purple, and Black
    Your Loft: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1023901-team-b-loft

The new homepage for the spreadsheet can be found here!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtITACIlndtJdHZQSEtfRFNWVEFMQWdZaEtOZ2NWUGc#gid=15