Team Twilight 4F challenge. May 20-26 2013

Options
surfrgrl1
surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
Okay ladies ---I've been MIA (like Alice and Jasper in BD2) and really missed my Team Twilight buddies!! :smooched: :heart: :laugh:

We are heading into Memorial weekend, which usually means BBQs and the 4 F's---food, friends, family and fun. Its a good reason to focus extra this week on our healthy habits.

Our challenge involves staying hydrated (warmer weather) and getting plenty of nutrients from our food plus some exercise fun.

:drinker: H20. 8/8 oz glasses per day

:flowerforyou: Strive for Five / Eating all the Colors of the Rainbow

:huh: Fiber 25 grams per day (you can average it through out the week if needed)

:glasses: Fitness: 90 minutes. A mix of cardio, some stretching, and strength.

:tongue: Sharing: What is your motivator to get moving?
List some exercises that for you have made the most difference in the quickest amount of time.

Have a great week ladies. Lets finish the month of May with awesome accomplishments.

Replies

• ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, Yvonne!! I won't be able to do the cardio (stupid Mono!) but I can certainly focus on the food.

Hope everyone has a great week!!:flowerforyou:
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Yvonne! I need some help after a really bad week. Oh, and my wedding anniversary is Memorial Day adjacent- so REALLY need major motivation.

As the weather gets warmer, I have a hard time getting walks in because I have to get up at the crack of dawn to beat the heat.

Looking forward to beating those 4F's.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Monday check in....

H20. 8/8 oz glasses per day Had 6 water, 2 decaf beverages

Strive for Five / Eating all the Colors of the Rainbow
    Broccoli, raspberries, lettuce, red lettuce, cucumber, blackberries, blueberries, tomato

Fiber 25 grams per day (you can average it through out the week if needed)
    24 grams of fiber

Fitness: 90 minutes. A mix of cardio, some stretching, and strength.
    30 minutes walking outside

Sharing: What is your motivator to get moving?
    Seeing my MFP pals make positive steps and talk about their progress and successes.

List some exercises that for you have made the most difference in the quickest amount of time.
    Arm curls with weights seem to work pretty quickly!

It was a good day. Went to the store and got more fruits for the week. I hadn't been to the store lately and have been eating out too much. Time for some serious dedication!
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    H20. 8/8 oz glasses per day - 10 glasses today

Strive for Five / Eating all the Colors of the Rainbow - raspberries, carrots, lettuce, cabbage in my salad - need to work on this tomorrow, just too hot to really cook today with a broken AC in my house

Fiber 25 grams per day (you can average it through out the week if needed) 16/25 today

Fitness: 90 minutes. A mix of cardio, some stretching, and strength. 20/90

Sharing: What is your motivator to get moving?
    List some exercises that for you have made the most difference in the quickest amount of time. - When I did hydro pilates, I noticed it helped with my other exercises because I focused more on breathing & my posture
  • 77tes
    Options
    Monday and Tuesday check in :

H20. 11/8 oz glasses both days

Monday - banana, tomato, lettuce,romaine, avocado, carrots, celery, beets, corn, red cabbage, & apricots.
    Tuesday - raisins, prunes, orange, tomato, lettuce, avocado, carrots, celery, & red cabbage.

Fiber 31/ 25 grams both days

Fitness: Monday - 35 minutes. The Curves curcuit plus 5 minutes stretching. No exercise Tuesday.

Sharing: What is your motivator to get moving? My major motivator is Susie, and the Curves circuit has been my week-in, week-out workout, but for the quickest results, the fab - ab group challenge wins.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Tuesday cheek in:

H20 5 water/2 decaf beverage (need to do better here)

Strive for 5 Rainbow:
    Grapes, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower...does colorful Amish Country popcorn count?

Fiber: 68 total

Exercise: 102 total ---3 walks plus some stretching

Motivator...I hadn't weighed for 2 weeks and found I had not gained weight, but what motivates me is to see that scale drop just a bit...it makes me want to keep up the good work. Something that works quickly....stretches that work on my tight psoas muscles.
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    H20. 8/8 oz glasses per day - 5 glasses today

Strive for Five / Eating all the Colors of the Rainbow - only 2 servings today, need to work on this

Fiber 25 grams per day (you can average it through out the week if needed) 20/25 today

I'm very disgusted with myself right now, I'm finding myself making excuses for everything, whether it be something like eating junk from the vending machine at work, or reasons for not exercising. The scale is showing this, and so did my measurements yesterday
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    H20. 8/8 oz glasses per day - 5 glasses today

Strive for Five / Eating all the Colors of the Rainbow - only 2 servings today, need to work on this

Fiber 25 grams per day (you can average it through out the week if needed) 20/25 today

I'm very disgusted with myself right now, I'm finding myself making excuses for everything, whether it be something like eating junk from the vending machine at work, or reasons for not exercising. The scale is showing this, and so did my measurements yesterday

Shell, just try to focus on the positive stuff. You do a lot of things right. You are here aren't you???? That's one very positive action!!!
    Keep up the good stuff.
  • 77tes
    Options
    Wednesday check in :

H20. 8/8 oz glasses today (I might get more in before bedtime).

Raisins, prunes, cherries, tomato, lettuce, avocado, carrots, celery, V-8, cucumbers & red cabbage.

Fiber 33/ 25 grams today

Fitness: 35/90 minutes. No exercise today.

Sharing: What is your motivator to get moving? I weigh myself every morning. It either makes me feel great, or it warns me to watch it.

Shell, Yvonne is right. Be positive. What did you do right today? Celebrate that and plan to celebrate some more great stuff tomorrow!:bigsmile:
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Wednesday check in:

H20 7 ater/2 decaf beverage (need to do better here)

Strive for 5 Rainbow:
    Raspberries blackberries blueberries banana carrots, asparagus, spinach

Fiber: 88/75 total

Exercise: 102 total ---3 walks plus some stretching

Motivator...When my clothes fit just a tiny bit looser in the waist, I am very motivated!
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Wednesday/Thursday check ins:

H20. 8/8 oz glasses per day - 8 both days

Strive for Five / Eating all the Colors of the Rainbow - Wednesday 3/5, only 2 on thursday, in my pomegranate smoothie

Fiber 25 grams per day (you can average it through out the week if needed) need major improvement on this one

Fitness: 90 minutes. A mix of cardio, some stretching, and strength. 28/90 - I'm not counting the hour & a half mall walking. I have my goddaughter friday night & most of the day saturday, and we plan on hitting a trail saturday & I plan on walking sunday

Sharing: What is your motivator to get moving? - hoping that one day I can fit into pants in a non plus sized store
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Friday:
    H20. 8/8 oz glasses per day - 7/8

Strive for Five / Eating all the Colors of the Rainbow - 4/5
    Fiber 25 grams per day (you can average it through out the week if needed) 20/25

Fitness: 90 minutes. A mix of cardio, some stretching, and strength. 28/90

Saturday:
    H20. 8/8 oz glasses per day - 8/8

Strive for Five / Eating all the Colors of the Rainbow - 5/5

Fiber 25 grams per day (you can average it through out the week if needed) 19/25

Fitness: 90 minutes. A mix of cardio, some stretching, and strength. 76/90