Breakfast/Lunch advice?

Options
I've noticed a pattern with myself, at lunch I can't control myself with how badly I want to eat extra - even if I eat a big breakfast. But I've also noticed that I can control my hunger habits much better in the morning.

So what I've been doing is eating less in the morning and having a large lunch. Overall I think it's been helping me keep my hunger at bay; but I know that breakfast is supposed to be the big meal of the day to help keep you fueled. So my conundrum is: Do you think it's alright if I keep eating a small breakfast and large lunch?

Replies

• idahopacker
    idahopacker Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes, its okay to eat a small breakfast. A few months ago I cut my usual breakfast portion in half. During work days I try to eat my largest meal of the day at 2 p.m. It's been working well for me. I believe the important thing is NOT skipping breakfast and eating smaller meals 4-5 times per day.
  • penguinattackstudios
    penguinattackstudios Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Fair enough! I think that sounds right :)
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    If you can still function well with a lighter breakfast, that should be OK. But you must have something at the beginning of the day to kick - you are coming off 7-8 hours of sleep. If I have a heavy lunch - I'm nodding off at 2pm. I have unsalted boiled eggs or unsalted oatmeal for breakfast - it's hearty and satisfying. I'll have a midmorning snack too - light and fit greek yogurt is a good choice for me.
  • ecka723
    ecka723 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My problem was that I was waiting too long between my breakfast, snack and lunch that I would be so ravenous, I couldn't control myself. I would split my breakfast into two smaller ones. Usually, I would have nuts and fruit (or yogurt and fruit) for breakfast number one and a fruit smoothie (with fruit, and maybe some oatmeal) and some sort of carbs/protein (cheese and crackers, apples/pb, 1/2 pb sandwich) to keep me satisfied until lunch. Sometimes I would have to have a snack around 12 (when the kids in my class ate lunch), to keep me going. But I just usually had a granola bar or something small. But, I had a long morning, I would start work at 8 and not eat lunch until usually 2 or 2:30.