Where to workout in Los Feliz/Silver Lake area?

Seajolly
Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
I'm moving to LA this year, hopefully within the next 3-4 months. I have been thinking of moving to the Los Feliz/Silver Lake area. Are these areas good for outdoor exercise: walking, jogging, biking? What gyms should I look into in the area? Classes are more important to me than equipment. Thanks!

Replies

• LuisZ81
    LuisZ81 Posts: 77 Member
    Well there is Griffith Park and Runyon Canyon. Both nearby, and great for hiking/biking. I go pretty often.
  • LuisZ81
    As far as gyms there are Gold's Gym and 24 Hour Fitness
  • Seajolly
    Thanks!

What about the bike path that runs from Los Feliz up to Burbank along the river? Is it safe?
  • LuisZ81
    It should be. Ill even join ya and make sure you're safe.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    LA Fitness is possibly the largest chain in LA. 24 Hr Fitness is not too far behind. These two are reasonably priced at around $25-40/month. If you want a higher-end gym you can always try Spectrum Club and Equinox ($80-165/month). I personally like the LA Fitness Signature Clubs since their really clean and offer alot of the services that Spectrum Club offers at half the price but those are very far and few in between.

Good luck on your move :)
  • erin4609
    erin4609 Posts: 131 Member
    The reservoir! A ton of people work out there!
  • Seajolly
    Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • PinupGirl13
    PinupGirl13 Posts: 16 Member
    Hey SeaJolly! I'm in the area too. I go over to Crunch in weho because their classes are so much better. I also am curious about some new spots around here. I hike the area, and am really into dance based classes. I also like pilates etc. I need to get a bike. Let me know if you want to meet up sometime. I love having workout buddies!

-Megan
  • PinupGirl13
    PinupGirl13 Posts: 16 Member
    Also for you spiritual types I started this group if you are interested. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/23785-los-angeles-conscious-health-group