ChaLEAN Extreme or TurboFire first?

Options
Asterie
Asterie Posts: 159 Member
I'm currently on week two of insanity (should technically be on month two, but I was sick for a month and had to start over), and I'm trying to plan what I'll do next! After a whole lot of research, I've decided that I'll either do TurboFire or ChaLEAN Extreme--I plan on doing both of them this year, but I don't know which one I should do first! Also: I only have a pair of 8 lb dumbbells, I don't know if this is too light or too much for the CLX workouts, I couldn't really find any information on it. Any and all help is highly appreciated!

Replies

• KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It depends on what type of workout you want to do next. Turbo Fire is mostly cardio. ChaLean Extreme is mostly weight lifting. I love them both, but they are very different from each other. I do not lift very much, but I used 5, 8, 10, 12, 15 & 20 lb weights.
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It depends on what type of workout you want to do next. Turbo Fire is mostly cardio. ChaLean Extreme is mostly weight lifting. I love them both, but they are very different from each other. I do not lift very much, but I used 5, 8, 10, 12, 15 & 20 lb weights.

Thanks for your response and good to know! Do you think you would have gotten just as good results with just 8, 12, and 20 lb weights?
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 3rd phase of CLX and LOVE it. It's definitely about heavy lifting and building strength. You will need more than 8 1b weights. I used 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 17, 20 up to 25 in this last phase. I have adjustable (cheap) dumbbells that work well. There is also a couple of cardio DVDs in there but you could sub in TurboFire those 2 days or running. I love how strong CLX makes me feel and it's easy to fit it in. Only 35-45 minutes per day and if you have extra time, you pop in the ab DVD or yoga/stretch. Awesome. Chalean is really fantastic.
  • Romaida
    Romaida Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started CLX.. I'm on day 2. Which TurboFire dvds did you use to sub?
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I just started CLX.. I'm on day 2. Which TurboFire dvds did you use to sub?

I don't use TurboFire because it's too crazy high impact cardio for my liking. I use the Chalean Extreme's cardio DVDs (Burn it off and Burn Intervals) or I go for a run on cardio days.
  • jamala19
    jamala19 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Here's a link where you can get the TF schedule, TF/CLX hybrid schedule, and TF/P90X hybrid. I'm thinking of doing the TF/CLX hybrid.
  • mothib79
    mothib79 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I personally started with ChaLEAN and then went to Turbo Fire. Would recommend the same cause ChaLEAN was slower and helped me build strenght for the Turbo Fire crazyness ;)
    I started with 8, 10 and 13 and ended up finishing with 10, 13, 15
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have done my own TF/CLX Hybird. I did the 3 lifting days of CLX and then 2 TF days. I alternated between Fire 30, Fire 45 (my favorite), the HIITS (15 & 20). I'd also add an ab workout on the HIIT day.