Wakey wakey....

Options
EdTheGinge
EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
Come on people let's keep this group active. You must all have something to share, whether it be running, life, food etc etc get it said.

I've got 5 months until my first marathon and over the weekend my local football team got promoted to the English Championship, so that's 2 from me now over to you .....

Replies

• HeatherBittner
    HeatherBittner Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am just coming back from a sprained ankle. And I am doing a mud run in 19 days. So excited! Then I have a 5k the Friday after.
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    I am just coming back from a sprained ankle. And I am doing a mud run in 19 days. So excited! Then I have a 5k the Friday after.

A mud run, that sounds awesome. How far is it ?
  • HeatherBittner
    Options
    It's a 5k with about 12 muddy obstacles along the way. Not really a race. It's more for fun. I can't wait.
  • roverdisc98
    roverdisc98 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ran a 10K last Saturday. running a 5K in 2 weeks and another 10K in 4 weeks. trying to get down to 7 minute miles, working on speed this week
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Well I ran my first half on May 5. Was ok. I had to stop and potty at mile 3 and standing inline for the porta potty took it's toll on my finishing time. Took a couple weeks off after that. Back running and am STRUGGLING! Husband has signed us up for 4 races in Sept and October...I am SCARED!
    Air Force/Navy half marathon in Washington DC Sept 14
    Perfect 10 in Reston VA Sept 29
    Freedom's Run Half in Shepardstown WV Oct 12
    and Gettysburg Blue/Grey Half in Gettysburg Oct 20
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I begin "Officially" training for my first full next Monday. *Gulp!

I am running this with my husband and really looking forward to it! Wish us luck and safety!
  • HeatherBittner
    Options
    Did the Dirty Girl Mud Run this past Saturday. It was so much fun. 10 mud filled obstacles on a 5k course. Loved it!!

This Friday evening I have a regular 5k.

This is my plan for the rest of the warm running season.

June 14th Rosedale Blazing 5K
    July 4th Freedom 5k
    July 27th Turtle Trot 5K
    August 11th North Park Tri
    August 18th Beat the Heat 5K
    August 24th Run Around the Square
    August 31st Gatorade/Steelers 5K
    September 29th The Pittsburgh Great Race

Will not do the 5k on August 18th if I do the tri. Still debating it. It's a 700 meter swim, 12 mile bike and 5k run. Just don't know if I will be ready in August.
  • twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yes! Awake here! :)

I just ran my first 10K on Saturday! It was challenging and fantastic! I still feel great. Here's my blog recap if you are interested:

http://losingtheglassslippers.blogspot.com/2013/06/heart-to-heart-10k-recap.html
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    Yo, what's up people.

How we all doing ?

Got in my longest run for a while last night, 14.29miles/23km and clocked at 1hour 56mins which isn't too bad (8.09 avg min mile) but it was at a slightly easier pace.

Anyone got runs coming up in next month or so ???
  • twoboysnmygirl
    Options
    Not too many races in my area in August, but I do have a 5K Superhero race in about a month. I'm just chugging along, trying to keep my weekly mileage up and work on speed a bit until I start my half training in October!
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    Superhero race, that sounds fun. Is it any different to a normal 5k just with a groovy name ?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    My 5k Park Run times have been suffereing after I finished my half-marathon (and consequently wasn't running 4 times a week....)

But I have a colour run to look forward to in August!
  • twoboysnmygirl
    Options
    Superhero race, that sounds fun. Is it any different to a normal 5k just with a groovy name ?

It's a 5K fun run/walk (luckily timed though, so I can still race! LOL) and they will have superheros to meet and greet/take pictures with after the race! All the proceeds are going to the American Cancer Society. I'm doing a Wonder Woman inspired running outfit! ;)
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I got 2 fun runs coming up.

The Radiant Run in August - A glow run with loud music at the university.
    http://radiantrun.com/

And the Color Run in September.

Its a start.....Next spring will be doing 10k in April...hopefully will be able to keep motivated to train over the winter.
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just did my second 5k race ever and finished in 22:33 and came in 2nd in my age division! I was excited :) Not sure if I want to aim for a better 5k time or move on to a 10k
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    Wowza great time