Who's ready for Round Two????

Options
lindaw66
lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
I completed Cycle #1. I lost my measurements, so I don't know exactly how many inches I lost, but I lost 6.5 pounds. I kind of took a break for a week after I completed the cycle. I was still trying to follow the plan but not to the tee and I had a concert and a dinner out and a grad party in that week! Now I'm ready to get back to business and I've started cycle #2 on Monday!

I think I would have done better with the first cycle had I exercised more. I didn't even get in a mininum of 3 days per week :sad: I was also not able to drink all of my water every day and I know that made a big difference.

So I need to measure myself again and take another before pic and be better about my water and my exercise! I know I can do better this time! Who's with me???

Replies

• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I just started week 6; I thought if I took a week in in between cycles I'd never get it started again. I agree that the exercise in the plan just isn't enough if you're already in an exercise habit, so I'm back to my normal routine. I lost 6" and 10lbs in round 1 and am hoping for good results in round 2.
  • marisanmike
    marisanmike Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost a total of 9 lbs. I was hoping for 10 but that last one just would not budge. For me I only lost weight every other week and on both those weeks I actually did less exercise! Think I am going to take a break now. :yawn:
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of going another round next week, still deciding. I gained 4 pounds back in a couple weeks so I need to do something :( I had lost 12 pounds in the 28 days but with the weight gain I'm down to 8 :( I just hired a personal trainer and am determined to get this weight off fmd or not. Will keep you posted if I go another round. Good Luck Linda :)
  • michellyn
    michellyn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm on a modified round 2. I took off Mother's Day and a few days when out of town family was visiting. I also eat Sunday dessert (only sugar dessert all week). I'm also using a little dairy and coffee (2 cups or less per day--I often skip it entirely). And I let myself go a touch easier on P2--I can have one whole egg plus two whites instead of 4.5 egg whites for a meal protein portion. I also use a touch of fat to fry the egg on P2.

But overall, I'm following the phases still. And I'm still losing (except for my 3-day break, when I regained a little, but I've lost that again). I'd lost about 12 pounds the first round, and I'm down 3 more now (which I'm very happy with). If I can continue this gradual loss, I'll happily stick to this diet with my modifications. BTW, I found it helpful to read Chris Powell's book on carb cycling, since it helped me figure out where I'm willing to bend certain rules and where I should stay more strict. I prefer Haylie's 3 cycles to Chris's 2 (his alternate every other day), but it was still good to read his book (I got it from the library to save money).
  • hsrunningmom
    hsrunningmom Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I finished the 28-days. Took a week off. I'm now doing a two-week round, and then taking a week off while I am at the beach. When I get back, I'll do a complete round before traveling for another week. Then I'll be back for another round or until I reach my goal weight.