Starting the 30 Day Challenge

Options
JurneyEve
JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
If you're interested in starting this challenge with me then here are the "rules." Cuz we've gotta have rules, right? Otherwise how would we know if we're completing the challenge?

The start date for this challenge will be June 1st. That will give everybody plenty of time to join and we'll be able to finish at the end of the month...or close enough to it. That way, if we get really ambitious and want to continue with another 30 day challenge, we can start a new one on July 1st. It sounds perfectly logical to me. ;D

The rules will be that we must do our best to fill out our food diaries each day. We must exercise for at least 30 minutes a day for 4 days a week and don't forget to enter that into your exercise log. And, here's the kicker, we must do a weekly weigh in. You don't have to announce your weight on here for us all to see if you're uncomfortable with that. You can get one of those weight loss trackers and have it show your weight loss without showing your actual weight...like mine. You can find them under the APPS tab.

This is my first time doing anything like this so if you have any ideas on how we can make this better or whatever, feel free to share them here. I look forward to encouraging each other over these next 30 days. If you're with me, respond to this post with, "Challenge Accepted!"

This is gonna be fun!
♥ Diana

Replies

• mkkd
    mkkd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted - sounds like a great plan for the summer :)
  • dllewis7
    dllewis7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I thought this started today. :laugh:

Well, June 1st is okay too. With 75 lbs to lose, I'm sure by June 1st I'll still have excess weight to lose. So, :drinker: ! Let's do this thinng!

btw, I'm renewed to MFP and could use some more committed MFP friends.

-Debra
  • lilbitCadeau
    lilbitCadeau Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am still learning my way around, first day on the message boards. Didn't realize you don't have to start a new topic to respond. Sorry.

I am up for this challenge. I too thought it started today, but looking forward to June.

Thanks for starting this.
  • veachdebbie
    Options
    ready
  • Jenna_Bearden
    Jenna_Bearden Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Challenge Accepted!
  • JurneyEve
    Options
    I know it's a 30 Day Challenge but who says we can't start today? I'm going to make it a 41 Day Challenge instead. Let's do it. What do you say?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to start already did my workout for the day and diary is open :) My goals are 6 days of 30 mins or more cardio, 3 days of 30 mins strength.
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun. I'm game.
  • SessiebeeM02
    SessiebeeM02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Challenge Accepted.

I need something like this to help get myself back on track.
  • hippiejacket0810
    hippiejacket0810 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted! Getting married in 2 1/2 months so I need to drop this last bit of weight!
  • pah0021
    pah0021 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Challenge Accepted. I can always use the additional support of other folks who are working toward the best versions of themselves! :)
  • mcmd1020
    mcmd1020 Posts: 1
    Options
    Challenge accepted!! What a way to start my 1st day here
  • brigets
    brigets Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am in! I need some motivation to help get off my remaining pounds.

Will there be goal set as far as pounds per week? Which day of the week is the "weigh in"?
  • JurneyEve
    Options
    I think we should each have a personal weight loss goal per week. That way we can set it ourselves. Mine is going to be 1 lb per week. We should weigh in on the day we start. June 1st happens to be a Saturday so I guess we should weigh in every Saturday.

I'm actually going to start this challenge today since I have nothing better to do until June 1st. Lol! I'll weigh myself today because it's my start date and then I'll weigh in every Saturday. So...

My start weight is 149.2
    Goal to lose per week is 1 lb

What does everyone think about Saturday being the day we weigh in?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    My goal is always 1 lb a week, doesn't always happen but it's been pretty steady.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I'm in having a bit of a struggle right now need some support and a kick in the pants.

I weigh everyday so that day doesn't matter to me. I'd love to lose at least a lb a week. But hasn't been happening.
  • barbsdag
    barbsdag Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    "Challenge Accepted" with excitement!!
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm ready!! Challenge accepted!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Hi, this challenge sounds great, but I am going away for 3 days so not to sure how I will do on my little holiday.
    I will sure try
  • nora_tx
    nora_tx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    "Challenge Accepted!"