Accidentally ate gluten

Options
lithezebra
lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
And now I'm paying for it. Ugh. Will my head ever stop hurting, and will other unmentionable symptoms ever relent? I was sharing a kitchen with a bunch of people.

Replies

• lshender
    lshender Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I know that really sucks. I'm fortunate that my husband is very careful, but restaurants often just don't get it. This will pass, and you will feel better. Drink lots of whatever you enjoy drinking.
  • lithezebra
    Options
    Thanks, Ishender. It's gotten better than it was. Every time I think it's gone for good, I get a wave of cramps, the headache comes back, or some weird part of my body starts to itch or spasm. Back to drinking ginger tea - calms the tummy.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    And now I'm paying for it. Ugh. Will my head ever stop hurting, and will other unmentionable symptoms ever relent? I was sharing a kitchen with a bunch of people.

I have nightmares about eating gluten. It sounds silly, but I really do. Hope you feel better soon!
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    I have found that what really helps is taking 1-2 charcoal pills when I run the risk of possible cross contamination. I have done experiments with soy sauce which normally makes me sick and if I take 2 charcoal pills, it doesn't. I don't advise doing this as you can still cause damage consuming gluten even with charcoal but I did it just as an experiment to see if it really worked.
  • lithezebra
    Options

I have nightmares about eating gluten. It sounds silly, but I really do. Hope you feel better soon!

I have those nightmares too!
  • lithezebra
    Options
    I have found that what really helps is taking 1-2 charcoal pills when I run the risk of possible cross contamination. I have done experiments with soy sauce which normally makes me sick and if I take 2 charcoal pills, it doesn't. I don't advise doing this as you can still cause damage consuming gluten even with charcoal but I did it just as an experiment to see if it really worked.

Interesting! Thanks for the suggestion.
  • piscean6
    piscean6 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried GlutenEase? I tried it once and was able to have a sub. I tried it again and felt horrible. So I learned dont try it more than once a week. I know when I have gluten I get heartburn as my first symptom. Than I go damn I had gluten. Its amazing how I have it now and it makes you so sick and I used to eat it everyday. I dont think we realize how bad it is til we dont have to deal with it daily. For stomach issues Id say have peppermint anything and ginger anything. Also the fastest way to get it out of you is to have it go out the other end. Try an enema. Getting it out is the best option for us.