Eggcellent work!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5/22

Options

Replies

• Sylph13
    Sylph13 Posts: 15
    Options
    there have been studies that show if you use free-range eggs and cook them so the yolks are still runny, it retains an enzyme that basically spins the cholesterol through the blood - nothing sticks and it can actually help get rid of bad cholesterol. Good to know huh? :happy:
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    This is definitely a challenge I can get behind. Eggs have been part of muscular fitness since before the first Rocky movie.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Been eating eggs almost daily for breakfast, RD said that Egglands Best eggs are really good for you, so I get those, I have a microwave egg cooker at work so I can bring in my eggs mix em up and add some veggies or bits of cheese (or both) and have breakfast
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Eggs for breakfast, eggs at lunch, sometimes eggs for dinner - it's our go to really fast meal. I have never had an issue with my LDL or whatever. I even had a habit of eating raw eggs (binge item - raw cookie dough morphed to just eggs/sugar/cinnamon/oats/butter). I've had to stop that though - the last couple of times, the raw eggs have made me sick. I don't like onions with eggs though. I have to be cautious with quiches because they often have onion. Like to make them homemade - just need to find a really good way to make them crust-less now.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Had a hard-boiled egg as part of my breakfast. I make several at the beginning of every week and keep them in my fridge so that I don't snack on sweets as much.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Eggs for breakfast, eggs at lunch, sometimes eggs for dinner - it's our go to really fast meal. I have never had an issue with my LDL or whatever. I even had a habit of eating raw eggs (binge item - raw cookie dough morphed to just eggs/sugar/cinnamon/oats/butter). I've had to stop that though - the last couple of times, the raw eggs have made me sick. I don't like onions with eggs though. I have to be cautious with quiches because they often have onion. Like to make them homemade - just need to find a really good way to make them crust-less now.
    Not exactly a quiche, but a quick way to do eggs: take a muffin/cupcake pan, spray with cooking spray and line each hole with sliced ham, turkey, or roast beef (or whatever your meat of choice is) then for each hole mix 1 egg with cheese and veggies (what ever kind you want) and pour it over the meat, bake at 350 until egg cooked all the way through (sorry, I'm at work and I haven't made these in a while), let cool (unless you're going to eat one right away) and put in baggies to heat and eat as needed