Challenge Ideas

Options
adancer59
adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
Hello ladies! I thought it would be nice to start a discussion where people can help generate ideas for future challenges, so if you have any thoughts throw them out there.

I know a few people would like the challenge format to change up a little bit each to provide more variety. Any thoughts on what differences you'd like?

I've gotten one new idea that is going to start on June 3. For the month of June, everyone will be challenged to track the miles that they walk, run, swim, and/or bike. Each week 4 advantage pounds will be given out: 1 for each person that covered the most miles that week in a specific category. The last week 9 advantage pounds will be given out: 1 for each person that covered the most miles that week in a specific category, 1 for each person that covered the most miles during June in a specific category, and 1 for the person that covered the most miles during June in all categories combined. Thoughts on this idea?

What are your other ideas?

Replies

• healthy4meN2013
    healthy4meN2013 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    We could have a challenge for everyone to try doing a certain workout ex: Jillian's 30 day Shred, you can watch the workouts right on youtube.

My sister is doing a steps challenge for her work. we could try some similar. Maybe have a goal for steps to reach 5 days a week. Then it kinda forces to to get out and do something if you realize you have not met your steps.
  • squishypop
    squishypop Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Here are some off the top of my head:

- Sleep challenge: get at least 7 or 8 hrs of sleep
    - Eat slow challenge/Eat blindfolded challenge: learn to listen to your body when it's full
    - Inspiration challenge: write down 5 reasons why you need to get healthier. Read every morning after you brush your teeth. Put an inspirational picture beside it to keep you motivated.
    - Food habit challenge: Identify a nasty food habit and if you feel the urge, allow yourself to indulge but make your portion smaller and smaller each time
    - Get organized challenge: lay out your workout clothes and gear every night for the following day to motivate you to go to the gym
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Walking - running ? Challenge

Inspire - lunch ( pack lunch)

Eat 4-6 x a day no more no less ;)

Motivation challenge

Group sport

No fizzy drink

Give up 1-2 unhealthy things for a week
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,142 Member
    Options
    I like the ideas that have been posted!

here are some of mine:
    -) Take the stairs for the whole week
    -) Set an individual challenge for yourself (food-related or workout-related)
    -) Something where the team has to work together: burn a certain amount of calories, or work out for a certain number of hours - the number can be adjusted to the number of active members of the team
    -) a set of exercises where you make it harder each time: for example, 4 days of wall pushups, and each day you have to step farther away from the wall. Or squats where you add one-second and two-second pauses when you are down.
    -) get active in your group forum, post at least 5 times during the week
    -) food challenge: dessert (we had this already, but it was during the chaotic week 4, and nobody posted anything)
  • pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    This is a daily workout from our trainers, posted for the month of August. Even if you break it up and repeat pieces for a different number of times, it would give you a good workout.

Time Saver Workout
    Lower-8 rounds, 8 minutes total
    20 seconds Jump lunges or Jump rope
    10 seconds rest
    20 seconds Jump squats
    10 seconds rest
    Upper- 8 rounds, 8 minutes total
    20 seconds Bosu or Stability Ball pushups (regular pushups work too)
    10 seconds rest
    20 seconds military press
    10 seconds rest
    Core-8 rounds, 8 minutes total
    20 seconds bicycle crunch
    10 seconds rest
    20 seconds v-sit in and outs (bring knees and arms in to chest and back out again)
    10 seconds rest