progesterone cream

Options
Anyone out there use progesterone cream? If so thoughts and did it make you can weight initially?

Had blood tests and apparently the only hormone out of whack for me is my progesterone is very low. Started taking progesterone cream about a month and a half ago. Happy to report I'm finally sleeping well, but I wonder if it's not helping with weight loss at all.

Replies

• writeranna
    writeranna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started using progesterone cream this week for the very same reason. Only my progesterone is low, nothing else. I had suffered from the severe fatigue and body aches that come along with it, plus the insomnia, and so far I think I can feel my body pulling out of it already. HOWEVER, I have gone from completely sedentary to working out for 45 minutes a day and watching what I eat and have seen no weight loss results.

Everything I've read says that it does make you gain weight initially, and that most women don't give it a chance to work because they freak out about that initial weight gain and discontinue use. I have to admit, that was my first reflex too. But I'm trying to hang in there, and not freak out, and just keep doing what I'm doing. Eventually the progesterone levels returning to normal is supposed to HELP weight loss, you just have to hang in there long enough...?

This is all new to me too. I wish I could be more helpful. Have you asked your doctor about your concerns?
  • raylenel
    raylenel Posts: 41
    Options
    I've spoken to my naturopath. I think now I have enough in my system that I can try and use it for the last half of my cycle. Initially I stopped for the beginning, but after 4 nights no sleep I gave in. We shall see how this month goes. Hope it all balances out sooner than later. I've been on it for close to 2 months now.
  • writeranna
    writeranna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 pounds this week, so I'm trying not be to discouraged. I will say I've noticed an increase in energy, which is very refreshing. I've felt like a slug for so long. I still feel like a slug, mind you, but now I feel like a slug without a shell. :) Like a little weight has been lifted.

I'm going to give it two months too. If not, I'll check back in with my homeopathic dr and see what's what. Good luck! :)