Bloating! Ugh!

Options
Hi Everyone...first time posting in this group..lots of good info!

I started 5 x 5 on April 24, finished session 13 this morning. I am loving it so far! Just got finished with New Rules of Lifting for Women, which I liked, but this is simpler and faster. And I feel it's getting the job done!

So....bloating! Ugh. I think I can attribute it to protein shakes, I know lots of us have this problem at times and just need to find other brands etc that our system likes better. Right now after lifting I usually make a shake of the following - 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 scoop Market Pantry Whey Protein chocolate (isolate I believe), 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup whole wheat old fashioned oats and sometimes a tablespoon of natural peanut butter. I love this shake.

But man...am I ever bloated! My pants are tight, uncomfortable. And I really don't think it is weight gain, it's only at my belly. And if I ...uh-hmmm - use the facilities it will feel almost better. (sorry about that topic lol)

Any advice is welcome but I suppose my realy question is if there is a way to make it better fast? It's a holiday weekend and I need to get the new swimsuit out, can't have this bloated pooch going on! I won't be lifting until Monday, so no protein shakes until then, which will help.

Replies

• FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    make sure it's really isolate. the same thing happens to me with regular whey...i just posted on here 2 weeks ago and was advised to try isolate...got some and i've been fine ever since!!
  • meganmcg77
    meganmcg77 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks - yeah, I read thru your post as well. And I keep forgetting to read the container - always in a hurry. Did your bloating seem to linger for several days as well, even if you had not had any protein?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    double check your protein and make sure its isolate. Other than that - how long have you been drinking almond milk? Is it fairly new? I wouldn't THINK any of the stuff you're putting in there is an issue, honestly, but if any of them are things you didn't used to eat I'd also try subbing in something else and see if that helps. Its really likely that its the powder though, actually.

Even if its isolate, check other ingredients - look for weird fillers maybe?