Support groups by city?

Options
Apogree
Apogree Posts: 12 Member
I was just wondering if we're all in the same state if we could set up sub-groups within the group to meet up and support one another?

We could have healthy pot lucks, set up our own 5ks, workout together, monthly meetings to help others stay on track/support, etc.

I'm from the Lincoln area and would love to work out with others on this life style changing journey.

Is anyone else interested in setting something like this up?

Replies

• crca2003
    crca2003 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am from the Fremont area.
  • HotFatChick82
    HotFatChick82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im in Adams, which is smack in the middle of Lincoln and Beatrice
  • jessliz90
    Options
    I'm from Omaha!
  • Nitamonster
    Nitamonster Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm from Bellevue which is right next to omaha. I would really enjoy doing something!
  • Surprisegirl
    Surprisegirl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm also from Lincoln and would really enjoy participating in a sub support group. Great idea!
  • WestslopeCutty
    WestslopeCutty Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    How about the opposite end of the state? I'm in Ogallala. I'd love to have a chance to meet up with some folks. I've been in Neb since April, but am yet to find anyone to hang out with at all.... my fiancée can only provide so much... (as he's being really goofy this morning)

Any one else from around these here parts? (I'm also a little goofy, I guess.)
  • bwwojci
    Options
    sounds like a good idea. I am in Kearney. I have added a group called Kearney Weight Losers
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm in Papillion (just outside Omaha). I also run *just a little* and bike QUITE A LOT if anyone wants a MFP exercise meetup...
  • mommy21984
    Options
    I'm in Bellevue and would like someone to workout with and to support eachother.
  • linnyG33
    linnyG33 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    AlwaysinMotion, where do you bike? I'm getting one from my coworker, and a helmet and I just got my rack for my car. I 've decided to become a cyclist! Hoping to do the Tour de Cure in May. We'll have training groups (I also wana do the taco run (alcohol and tacos, yes please!).
    Are there any unspoken rules on the trails besides (on your left?) :) ?
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I am in Bellevue... i work out at Aspen (shadow lake) a few days a week and rock climb and do cardio at UNO a few days a week... Usually 5-6 days a week of working out.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    Options
    AlwaysinMotion, where do you bike? I'm getting one from my coworker, and a helmet and I just got my rack for my car. I 've decided to become a cyclist! Hoping to do the Tour de Cure in May. We'll have training groups (I also wana do the taco run (alcohol and tacos, yes please!).

Sorry, this thread fell off my radar! I'm a (fairweather) bike commuter and often bike along the Keystone - I start at 96th & Giles (ish) and then ride the Papio trail until I join the Keystone/Bellevue Loop. I work on base. Socially speaking, I ride everywhere - and I mean everywhere! When the weather is nicer, I do more road riding - I usually stick in Sarpy Co, but I occasionally go way north or east to CB. I also do the Trek Store LaVista Tues Night shop ride from time to time (but that's a suffer fest). I also mountain bike - Swanson mostly, sometimes Tranquility, not as often at Jewell... I broke my leg MTBing, so I'm not the daredevil I once was. I'm currently building a gravel bike... which I can then use on the Thurs Taco Ride! (My road bike just doesn't work on crushed limestone and my huge mountain bike was way overkill). So, I'm excited that I now have bikes for ALL terrain!

So, I'm ALWAYS game for riding with new folks - at their pace/distance of choice. (I'm flexible like that - unless you are 20+mph racer type, then maybe I'll meet you on a recovery day!) You are welcome to friend me or message me directly if you are curious about riding together or would like to meetup on shop ride or perhaps big organized ride around Omaha/Lincoln (oh, I do most of those, too!) Cheers!
  • AlwaysInMotion
    Options

Ha! I depends on who you ask!!! My main rules are 1) ride like traffic if you are in the road, 2) be courteous, 3) be visible, 4) always be in control of your bike, 5) ride smart (aka cautiously & defensively), and 6) always be prepared (flat kit, phone, $$$, water/food). On the trails, nearly all other users have the right-of-way over cyclists - walkers, runners, rollerbladers, horses (yeah, horses too!) So, if there's someone else, pass as courteously as possible (on the left), announce, and prepare to yield if need be (mostly an issue with children and dogs - they're unpredictable).
    If you are curious about mountain biking or group road riding, I am more than happy to give tips/advice! They tend to have their own rules/etiquette and I know it can be a little intimidating to new riders (which we all once were!).
  • JKKnoell
    JKKnoell Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I am new to the group and I am from the Fremont area and I am looking for others in this area to add to my friend list and motivate each other. I have gotten a Fitbit to keep me motivated and it works. So would like to know if this site is still active?
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    LIncolnite here, would love to see a Lincoln group (or Lincoln area or Lincoln+Omaha if that's more practical)! :bigsmile:
  • NErealtreegirl
    NErealtreegirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Millard, but also spend a lot of time in the Louisville and Cedar Creek areas.