Hi!

Options
Hi guys - I am so glad we could start a group (thanks cancun).

I thought we could all just give a brief intro so we can get to know each other :)

I'm Kelly and have slowly gained about 12 lbs over the past 2 years. I am a runner and have run 2 full marathons, one half marathon and a hand full of 10 mileres and 5Ks. I'm not very fast, just about average pace. I also love trying new workouts, I've recently been going to tae bo class at my gym and doing some yoga dvds along with weight training. I don't have a set routine though, just do whatever I feel like doing that day. Here are my stats:

Height: 5'5"
Current Weight: 138.5
First Goal: 130
Final Goal: 125
Biggest Challenge: Weekends, esp summer weekends (great timing for this group). I go to the beach most every weekend with my friends where frat party-esque behavior takes over. Beers are flowing, hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, late night pizza, etc. My weight gain has come from the past 2 summers and I just never took it off. While I clearly do not act my age, my body knows it is 28 and losing weight is quite the challenge now.

Replies

• going2cancun
    Options
    Totally agree...great time.
    My name is Brian, I am a high school teacher. I am an avid strength trainer, and try to throw in a little cardio. ( :

HT 6"1
    weight 227
    Trying to cut down to take a little stress off my knees, would love to golf and bike in my retirement and after playing football for 15 years my knees are not very cooperative. I am fairly consistent getting to the gym, but my eating habits are poor. Along with the summer months comes water campfires and live music..which means alcohol. Have to do a better job watching these things.
  • sunnmuun
    sunnmuun Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Heidi here. I lost 25 pounds three years ago then gained back 15ish because I strayed from the exercise routine that made it all possible. I am 52 and trying to set realistic goals - started back with C25K and trying to promote good daily rituals of exercise that are positive and long lasting. I am hovering at the same weight no matter what I eat but I am seeing a slow change in my body. I actually re-joined my efforts about a month or so ago, even though I have been a member much longer.

Kelly - good going on the marathons!

Stats:
    5'
    145#
    Looking for 135 or a size down
  • k11a
    k11a Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Karen, I have also put on about 10 pounds over the past 6 months... and the scale keeps going in the wrong direction.
    Thanks for setting this group up!

Height: 5'4"
    Current Weight: 152.4
    First Goal: 140
    Final Goal: 130 (AND STAY THERE!!!!)

I am on day 5 of the JM30DS (well I will be once I do it today)
    I am also re-doing C25K, week 5 day 1 today.

I have been stuck on starting and restarting diets for about 5 months now... and it seems the whole process is resulting in overall gain... so I am tired of it! I refuse to buy new clothes in a size up. My goals are two fold.... I want to lose it, and I want to keep it off (change my life style! once and for all!)
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Jeff here.

I ballooned up to my heaviest weight of 227 pounds in Jan. 2012. I decided enough was enough and have lost 50 lbs over the last 15 months or so. There have been a few stops and starts and plateaus along the way...as well as experimenting with different approaches to eating and exercise. In the last 3-4 months, I have really found a way of eating and working out that a) works and b) I enjoy. I am just trying to really dial things in now and push to get the last inch off the belly and the last 8-10 lbs off the scales.

Height: 5'10"
    Current Weight: 177.8
    Goal Weight: 169

I use Adonis Index systems (Venus Index for ladies that might be interested) along with IF and Eat, Stop, Eat.

In a nutshell here is what I do:
    Lift weights 4-5 times a week.
    Walk my dogs 5 times a week (not a fan of cardio)
    Control my calories, get enough protein, eat plenty of veggies, fill in the remainder calories with whatever I want.

I look forward to knocking out these last few lbs with you all.
  • PGG19
    PGG19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi Ash here, I've gained some weight at my desk job. I help make video games, so the 60+ hr weeks crunch before game ships have taken a toll on my everything. I'm down the road of eating cleaner, and exercising daily. I'm technically okay, but would like to tone it up.

Height: 6'0"
    Current Weight: 166
    First Goal: 155
    Second Goal: visible abs

I live by a hiking trail and many up/down hills, so hiking/jogging early morning for 50 mins/6 days a week + 40 min night walks + daily abdominal work + light weight lifting for arms/shoulders.

My biggest issues are probably alcohol (numerous social events), and I love bread. :)
  • kristineblumrich
    Options
    Hi there Kristine here.

I'm a newbie to whole dieting thing and to this site.

Quick background. I have been about 155 lbs 4 years ago when I was living in Australia. I moved to Ireland in 2011 got a desk job and piled on the pounds, my heaviest was 210 pounds about 1 year ago. My boyfriend and I joint a gym but I wasn't really doing it right and got kind of bored.

About 3 month ago we joint a class and started doing TRX and Kettle bells work outs and just generally watched what we were eating and I really enjoy the routine we are doing at the moment.

So I'm looking for motivation and maybe a bit advice in changing it up a little. (Food and Exercise)

Height: 6'0"
    Current Weight: 182
    First Goal:165
    Second Goal: 150

Also we are struggling to stay focused on the weekends and sometimes pig out a little, any advice or tricks to prevent that?

Thanks for setting up this group. :-)
  • Mommy2akt
    Mommy2akt Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Trina . I have never joined anything like this before but thought it might be the motivation I need to get me where I want to be! Mt heaviest was last fall after being on medication. I had hoped the weight would drop off, but it hasn't. I currently at 129 lbs and would love to loose 15lbs. I am leaving on a trip to St.Martin mid. June so that is my main motivation! I am a stay at home Mom to 3 kids and a really active puppy which helps to keep me moving! I am planning on starting Jillian Michaels DVDs and continue with 30-90 walks everyday. Looking forward to losing with you guys!!

Height 5'3''
    Current Weight: 129
    First Goal Weight: 124 for trip in June
    Goal Weight: 112
  • lilkat_0087
    lilkat_0087 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kat and looking to loose the last 10lbs of baby weight (from 5 yrs ago!) or get to 20% BF, I'll re-evaluate when I reach either goal.

Height: 5'6
    Weight: 135
    Goal: 125

I mostly run with some weight training and my fitness goal is my first half marathon in October. I'm looking for some motivating friends as I usually forget about tracking Fri to Sun! Damn wine!
  • Sunshine4209
    Sunshine4209 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Sunshine, I have been struggling with the last 10 pounds for the last 3 years, I just can't shake it. The week ends are my downfalls too much food. I just joined a gym and started weight training. I was too busy prior to this summer (school) so all I did was cardio and light weight.

Height: 5'3
    Weight: 126
    Goal: 115ish

I am looking so support and motivation I guess to keep me on track on the week ends (haha)
  • K_Mcfadden321
    Options
    Hi Sunshine! Welcome :) Weekends are my toughest times too! I started a thread in here so we can report on our weekends. Check it out!
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Sunshine.