The weekend is coming!

Options
sarahdmccallum
sarahdmccallum Posts: 23 Member
Normally I would be doing my weekend happy dance! This week I am sort of dreading it! For the past few days I have built myself a lovely routine to ensure that I am eating right and getting enough exercise. With the routine going out the window this weekend, I'm worried about how to keep myself in check.

Here's what I am up against this weekend
Tonight: Chaperoning the grad banquet (Prom) then out for drinks and appies with my colleagues after
Saturday: Birthday dinner and drinks with my bestie, and then out to another house party for the night
Sunday: Wedding shower then a barbeque with my dad

To top off all of this eating and drinking, most of my exercise currently comes from my daily commute cycling 20 km (about 12.5 miles).

How on earth am I going to keep up with my goals? Any tips and tricks would be super helpful :)

Replies

• msigman1
    msigman1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Drink two glasses of water before you drink anything else, tea, alcohol, coffee, ect. Take some drink mixes with you to add to your water. They only add 5 calories or less. Eat a healthy filling meal before you go. You will eat less off the tempting foods. Have some of the food just put the food on a smaller plate and only get what you feel comfortable eating. Don't derail yourself.

You can do this. Have a fun weekend.
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Lots of veggies! And try to limit your alcohol intake, not just because of the calories, but because the more you drink, the less you're going to pay attention to what you're eating. (And the more guilty you'll feel about it the next day.) Do lots of dancing to burn off what you eat. Good luck and stay strong!
  • sarahdmccallum
    sarahdmccallum Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ug! I managed to consume an extra 1400 calories over the weekend, that's more than I'm supposed to have in a day right now!
    I did make some good choices though, instead of my normal rum and cokes I had vodka water with crystal light. That's 68 calories instead of 268! So 200 less per drink, since I had 6 drinks I saved myself 1200 calories. Plus with all of the water that I consumed, no hangover the next day and I avoided all of that carbonation which makes me kinda sick!
    I also skipped the wine and the dessert at the shower I attended. And I went for small portions off all of delicious looking food, so probably saved myself another 600 or so calories there!

My biggest problem was that I had such a busy weekend that I didnt manage to find the time to workout as much as I should have. I probably could have done more, I could have hopped on the elliptical or went for a run in my spare time, but hey no ones perfect.

I also bought a new road bike this weekend so will be spending lots of time adding some mileage to it.

In order to undo the damage that I did this weekend, I will be sticking to my regular routine, cycling to and from work (and 50 minutes on the elliptical the days I cant ride) as well as my other sports and activities, but I am going to do an extra 25 minutes on the elliptical every day as well. I am also going to do AB Ripper X from the p90x series every second day, so Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday! That way I have burned off a little extra in preparation for next weekend, which will be less food and drink filled, but still very busy!