Recipes?

Options
jsingley899
jsingley899 Posts: 54 Member
Hey guys,

Just wondering if you had come across any really good recipes lately? I do the fruits and proteins a lot, but haven't really done much with the complex carbs. What about ya'll? My favorite easy go to lunch lately especially with it getting hot is tuna wraps in romaine lettuce leaves. They are quick, easy, and so good!

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I make sure I get my complex carb in at lunch every day because I think those are important too. I typically just do lean protein & veggies for my evening meal. I've used whole wheat pasta (mix with grilled chicken, veggies, and a little light Italian dressing). Today I had a turkey patty (93% lean) on a whole wheat sandwich thin with veggies on the side. I've also made spaghetti with whole wheat pasta, extra zucchini & squash, and ground turkey. Maybe buy some whole wheat tortillas to eat your tuna with? Keep the romaine in there too.
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I've done a chicken chili before, with boneless, skinless chicken breast, salsa or canned tomatoes with green pepper, onion, celery, etc. (whatever you like to put in chili), and chili beans. Make chicken ahead of time by putting it in a slow cooker, and keep it on hand for salads or meals like this. Hope this helps.
  • jsingley899
    Options
    I will have to look for some healthy whole wheat pasta. I have so far except for lean cuisine stayed away from pasta, because it does seem to have a lot of calories in there. I have bought leaner ground beef more, and have started experimenting with lean turkey burgers and things because it seems a lot healthier. Yesterday I skipped lunch ( I know...not good! We were at the pool all day and I forgot to bring our lunches!!) So I ended up having a big supper of chicken, stir fry veggies with light Italian dressing. It was good, but I think I have gotten used to eating smaller meals because I felt like I was going to pop shortly after eating it. Lesson learned...never skip a meal again!! lol!
  • jsingley899
    Options
    Oh that sounds really good! I am a huge fan of slow cooker meals, because especially with kids and life in general it is great to have something easy to make that does not take a lot of 'hands on' time. Thanks for sharing, I will have to try that out!! :)