JUNE CHALLENGE IMPORTANT QUESTION! :)

ashleyeliz25
ashleyeliz25 Posts: 141 Member
Hi all,

For those of you who are interested in doing the June Challenge, one of our group members mentioned something about "slow and steady wins the race." I spoke to another member about this and how this is really important for weight loss...like slow and steady loses the weight! So it made me think about naming the next group "Team Turtle" rather than the June Challenge. The group that has come together through the May Challenge is a really amazing group and it would be awesome to stick together and keep up the motivation past June.

Let me know what you all think!!

Replies

• lisididi
    lisididi Posts: 13 Member
    I think it is awesome! We have to realize that we are not competing against each other, the words of encouragement are great and keep me going.
    Go team turtle
    Love you guys :bigsmile:
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    2s10q9s.jpg
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Yes, great idea. Slow and steady definitely wins the race!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    I :heart: the idea... and Turtles! I save them when they are crossing the road. :bigsmile: Great idea!!!
  • Delll2013
    Delll2013 Posts: 73
    Great idea. I'm in, of course :D

I'd just add that while slow and steady is ok, interval workouts are even better ha ha ha
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    I really don't care what you call the June challenge. You could call it the Fatty McFatterson's Fatass Freedom Challenge, and I'd still participate.

Sign me up! (or tell me where to find the new group to join)

:D
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Hi all,

For those of you who are interested in doing the June Challenge, one of our group members mentioned something about "slow and steady wins the race." I spoke to another member about this and how this is really important for weight loss...like slow and steady loses the weight! So it made me think about naming the next group "Team Turtle" rather than the June Challenge. The group that has come together through the May Challenge is a really amazing group and it would be awesome to stick together and keep up the motivation past June.

Let me know what you all think!!

I love it. The great thing about that is YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE A NEW GROUP EVERY MONTH!!
  • Delll2013
    Delll2013 Posts: 73
    Hi Everyone,

Reading the replies in the "Turtle Group" I've realised it's been decided not to follow the same structure i.e. set up a monthly goal of BURNED CALORIES and work towards achieving it. Each person has a different type of goal: lose X pounds, run X miles etc.

I would honestly prefer having the same parameters for our goals because it worked great this month. What do you think?
  • airant
    airant Posts: 146 Member
    Hi Everyone,

Reading the replies in the "Turtle Group" I've realised it's been decided not to follow the same structure i.e. set up a monthly goal of BURNED CALORIES and work towards achieving it. Each person has a different type of goal: lose X pounds, run X miles etc.

I would honestly prefer having the same parameters for our goals because it worked great this month. What do you think?
    I agree