Got some crazy news yesterday

Options
mnmomto4
mnmomto4 Posts: 97 Member
Well I went in for my routine pregnancy checkup yesterday at 18w 3d. My doc couldn't find the hb so she sent me down for an emergency ultrasound. Baby is fine along with baby #2. yup we are having twins. Still in shock but am starting to wrap my brain around the idea. A little worried, a little upset, and a little happy all at once. I have a almost 4 yr old, a 2 yr old and then these two coming their way late september to early october now. BTW, we did not get help getting pregnant and twins do not run in the family. This was one big surprise.

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I said this in the other thread too but - CONGRATULATIONS! Twins are an amazing blessing :) It's okay to be shocked, you'll get over it and become excited - I promise. Twins are a very cool journey to watch - each time I watch someone have twins I am so jealous, it's such an amazing bond.

Definitely seek out a multiples support group - even with 2 other kids twins will present their own unique challenges. But again, congrats - you're in for an awesome journey :)
  • mnmomto4
    Options
    thank you. Doing better with the news today. Only a couple tears. Most people are very excited about it. I think each day it will get easier to be happy and excited. I have a friend who had the same news after two children and she said it took 2 weeks to be happy and excited about the babies. We are buying paint on Monday to redo our guest bedroom into a nursery. We had planned on moving my son to the guest bedroom and keep the nursery the nursery. but, the other room is bigger. So now our sons redo will be put on hold to redo the guest bedroom. Starting to look for neutral baby themes. I did yellow and green in our first nursery with winnie the pooh accents. I think I am leaning towards the jungle theme now. Just don't know.
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! WOW that is a surprise!!
    Happy to hear you are adjusting to the news.. it's gotta be something to digest!
    Super exciting news though :):)
    I can imagine feeling a similar mix/roller-coaster of feelings if it were me!
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That's crazy and must be hard to take in! Congrats though! :) Was this your first ultrasound this pregnancy?
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a wonderful surprise :)
  • mnmomto4
    Options
    This was my first ultrasound. An emergency one. Good thing my husband could come in and hold my hand in case we got bad news. We still got news that I needed my hand held. Thank goodness I did not find out alone at my routine 20 week ultrasound. Handling it even better today. No tears at all and actually starting to feel some excitement. Nervous still. I don't know how I will do it. but, excited and anxious now for the 20 week ultrasound which takes place a week from tomorrow. Now I need to hear the babies are healthy and growing as they should. Spent the day shopping for a new car that can hold 4 car seats and then after that painting a new nursery. Also, found a person on craiglist selling two newer swings. She had twins 6 months ago and no longer using them. I don't own a swing. So, I am getting two swings (slightly used) thanks to my mom and her generous gift giving and my ability to negotiate the price down. Also, my sister called asking me if she can throw me a shower!!! I don't believe in 2nd showers but under this situation I am totally ok with it and very excited to get those few items we need for two babies.
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! You are getting there!
    I heard that there are some stores/companies that give twin discounts- probably more info about that on multiples message boards. A shower sounds like a super idea too! Glad your husband was there to hear the news with you!
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I think with twins a shower is a great idea! My family does not do second showers either but twins are definitely an exception. Glad you're feeling better about it, and definitely glad your husband was there :)