All things turkey hunting!

Options
quixoticmantis
quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
So who's been, who's gonna go? What calls do you use?

Boyfried and I have hunted HARD the last week and the turkeys here in Kentucky are acting SUPER silly. Toms not coming in to calls, like they don't even care. Not gobbling, even coming off the roost.

What's up, people? Anybody else having these problems?

Replies

• calell83
    calell83 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Spring turkey starts in PA on saturday the 28th. I am hoping they are bit more responsive.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Turkey just opened here in in Ontario. I have my Turkey license, but have never been! I really want to go but time and money doesn't permit it at the moment. My friend bagged a Turkey the other day!

How does Turkey hunting work where you guys are. We have to take a 1 day course here to obtain a license so that we could legally hunt it.
  • Automan21k
    Automan21k Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi, new to the group (and site). I'll be hitting the woods this weekend and next for turkey. I've been keeping my eyes on 3 big flocks, I just hope they are still answering calls with the warm winter we had here in PA.
  • Automan21k
    Automan21k Posts: 8
    Options
    How does Turkey hunting work where you guys are. We have to take a 1 day course here to obtain a license so that we could legally hunt it.
    Here in PA, you get a spring and a fall turkey tag and a deer tag with your hunting license, then have the option to apply for a Special Tag, that let s you get a second one in the spring season. As for requirements, if it is your first time hunting and you were born after 1987 (I think) you have to take a hunters safety course before you can get your license, born before 87, there are no requirements.
  • brhaunparks
    brhaunparks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Little late writing here but our season closes tomorrow ...so, here's the report. Started off in NY, was a good couple days to open the season...then nothing the last 4. They gobbled great and shut up...tho it had a lot to do with the poor weather that rolled in. Once I got back to Maine I found the birds a little more talkative but not what I'm used to...however, after a few days of nice weather the light switch flipped and they gobbled like crazy...came to the.call (box call this year???) and my hunters shot quite a few...all in all...average season. I've had better...had worse...but had fun and thats all that mattered.
  • Automan21k
    Options
    I managed to call in 2 different pairs of hunters, but not a single bird sighted the entire season. The Day after the season there were birds sighted everywhere. with the Whistle-pigs eating my garden I may pick up hunting them during the off months.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I managed to call in 2 different pairs of hunters, but not a single bird sighted the entire season. The Day after the season there were birds sighted everywhere. with the Whistle-pigs eating my garden I may pick up hunting them during the off months.

LOL That is too funny! But you prove you do a great call!!!