27th July weigh. ONLY LOG HERE PLEASE :)

Options
GrammaBonnie
GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
This week was another loooong week. My daughter is getting settled into her new home (mine!), and her old place is almost emptied, and the cleaning has begun! By next week, the keys to the old apartment will be returned, and we will be in more of a routine.

I was sooo delighted that she told me yesterday that she wants to lose 10 pounds by her daughter's birthday, in late August! This means we'll be working out together!

This is supposed to be the last day of this challenge. How did everyone do?

SW: on or around 6/22: 159
6/29: 156.6
7/6: 156.6
7/14: 156.2
7/20: 155.8
7/27: 155.2

Total: 3.8

I had hoped to do better, but I feel I did things right, so I'll accept it! At least it's moving … and in the right direction!
Bummer that yesterday it was 154.2 -- a whole pound more today.
I know it fluctuates, (which is why we shouldn't weigh daily), but does it need to be up on weigh-in day??? <grin!>

I'd like to review my pledges, to see how I've done. It's a good time for you to review yours, too!

I pledge to:
1.) Eat 6 times per day. (3 meals, 3 healthy snacks)
I'm doing ok on this. It looks like I'm averaging about 5 out of 6. Room for improvement, but not bad.

2.) Do PT homework 3 times per week on non-PT days. (PT is 2x per week).
With my daughter's move to my home, (not expected when I did my pledges), I've been super busy.
I've had a lot of movement, which is good. I have done VERY LITTLE PT homework in the past few weeks.
My physical therapist is happy with my growth … I'm a lot stronger than I was … but I wonder where I'd be if I was doing the exercises she has prescribed? I WILL get back on track on Monday.

3.) Do my best to get my leg strong enough that I can ditch the brace before the challenge is completed.
I did ditch the brace most of the time. The last time I wore it was for the big move day on Saturday, and that was as a precaution!
However, my physical therapist is still putting athletic tape on my knee every visit, to pull the knee in the right direction. It is taking the place of the brace. My new goal here is to be strong enough to do without that, too.

4.) Do something active each and every day. No exceptions.
I think I have done this, except for the day after the big move day. (Since on Moving Day I did 30,000+ steps and was 27 calories short of hitting a 2,000 calorie burn for moving activities, so I don't feel bad that I crashed the next day!) As my granddaughter, who will be 5 next month, is now living in my home, I'm pretty sure there will be no exceptions!

5.) Drink at least 8 cups of water daily. At least.
I've been measuring out my water every morning, which really works well for me. I've been drinking 10 cups most days. :)

6.) Keep the momentum going! I've been doing good-- need to keep it up!
This will always be a struggle. Having a workout buddy in the house will help. Nutrition wise, I've done well, but I did sneak a chocolate bar into the grocery cart this week. At least it is organic, and for two days I've been able to limit it to a small serving per day. Without having to record it on MFP, I wouldn't be able to manage the small servings in the past.

7.) Send or post a positive comment to someone at least once per day.
Doing well here. I have intentionally kept my friend list short, so it's manageable.
Facebook is being neglected, but MFP comments are there! :)

Renae_Nae, congratulations on breaking 150! A big milestone!

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Weight 6/22 - 152
    Weight 6/29 - 151
    Weight 7/6 - 151.8
    Weight 7/13 - 151.4
    Weight 7/20 - 149
    Weight 7/27 - 148

I lost 5 pounds!!!! So freaking excited! I wasn't to good with keeping my pledges.

1) Work out at least 5 times a week.
    I broke up with my fiance 3 weeks ago and that killed my energy. Then I got back with my ex husband 2 weeks ago (long story) and made the mistake of staying up WAY TO LATE to talk to him every night. Then this week a friend commited suicide. So July was a pretty crappy month.

2) Drink nothing but water or herbal tea (sweet tea is my weakness).
    I did good for the most part.

3) Be mindful of "special occasions" (I have a vacation, my sister's birthday, and a wedding in the next 5 weeks).
    My vacation was ok...I did stuff myself but I spent a lot of time in the pool. My sister's birthday dinner I was really good...but then we spent the following night drinking. I ended up skipping the wedding so that wasn't an issue.
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    145 pounds this week, increase of one pound.

Not phased as have eaten really well this week and done loads of exercise. Body shape is also changing :)
  • jenguhl
    jenguhl Posts: 79
    Options
    140, no change this week. I had a mini vacation this week and did not eat well or exercise as much as I should have.
  • SlideboyxBrian
    SlideboyxBrian Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I acheived my goals of exercise every week day and also found other ways to get incidental exercide as much as I could it being winter in Western Australia and some days there has been some rain. I hit my mark of weight loss with my work days being my best days of planning and controling what I eat. Days off which are mid week for me where I have not stuck to my plan as I should but never really got out of hand. My failure for the challenge this month has been with drinking, and in a bit of a binge way this month too much Coke Zero. Next month will try again to stick to this no Diet drinks and only drink water for my health and financial reasons.

Starting weight 22/06/2012 111 kg or 242.2 pounds .....86 pounds lost total so far
    First week 29/06/2012 108.5 kg or 238.7 pounds .....91 pounds lost total so far
    Second week 05/07/2012 107.8 kg or 237.6 pounds ...93 pounds lost total so far
    Third week 12/07/2012 106.5 kg or 234.3 pounds.... 96 pounds lost total so far
    Fourth week 20/07/2012 105.3 kg or 232.15 pounds .... 99 pounds lost total so far
    Fifth week 27/07/2012 104.2kg or 229.72 pounds ......101 pounds lost so far

Ok, my pledges are

1. Drink water only not diet carbonated drinks

2. Exercise every week day, outdoor fitness or gym. Bike ride and walk where possible, avoid car.

3. Reach 100 pounds lost and or under 105kg on scales by end of July.
  • Fab4life1
    Fab4life1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    6/22 - 182.2 lbs.
    6/29 - 180.6 lbs.
    7/6 - 180.4 lbs.
    7/13 - 179.8 lbs.
    7/20 - 179.2 lbs
    7/27 - 180.6 lbs.

Well, I hoped for more loss, but I didn't really work out these past two weeks. :indifferent:
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE EVERYONE! :)