irregular periods sabotaging weight loss

Options
shakybabe
shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
After getting to within 1lb of my goal in June I was convinced after monthlies in July I would be there. However water never fully came off, I regained 7lb a week after they ended much to my horror couldn't figure out why until last week my period started again!

It's just ended but is due again beginning of august (when it was monthly)... I don't know if it will actually come again but it's making it impossible to lose weight as I'm either in PMT week or waiting for it to come off if it's gonna come every 2 weeks!

But I've no idea how much of my weight is hormonal fluctuations or water from exercising or water from too much carbs so making monitoring and adjusting diet and exercise really hard!

Anyone else had this?

Replies

• BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It's a tough time for us and so hard to be consistent in weight loss. Try to evaluate what you are eating and change that up. I have had to decrease my sodium and be very careful of breads/carbs.

My period has been every 4 months or so for the last year and it messes with my weight loss, too. I do like that my hot flashes decrease when my period is coming, though. :happy: