newbie with a question

Options
holly_v
holly_v Posts: 292 Member
Hello. i am not new to the program but i am starting again. i tried a few years ago before smart phones and apps. i could never remember what i was supposed to do for that day so i gave up. now i have an app on my phone that beeps and tells me what to do. my question is, is there anyone that does the program continuously? meaning doing 2 weeks of the program in one week? or am i just being a maniac and going to burn out fast? i have some tightness in my hips as others have said. i started july 18 and will/might be doing w2d1 today.

Replies

• rgm66
    rgm66 Posts: 33
    Options
    Im on W2D2 and I was wondering that my self the other day
  • carolinesmiles
    Options
    First off, welcome! :flowerforyou:

Obviously it depends on what kind of shape you're in and whether you're completely new to running or not, but it's really not advised. Your body isn't used to the stress that running puts on your joints/muscles/everything yet; and, even if you feel like you can do a lot more, you should slowly ease your body into it. Doing too much too soon is a great way to get injured, burnt out, and discouraged. From the C25K website: "It's easy to get impatient, and you may feel tempted to skip ahead in the program, but hold yourself back. Don't try to do more, even if you feel you can."