leftovers that dont lose anything

Options
Lmezz11
Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
Anyone have ideas of things to make for dinner that make good leftovers? You know how some foods just lose something after they are reheated? Thought we could post some ideas of things that keep well in the fridge or freezer! I'll start some research and see what I can find out :)

Replies

• lhgmr
    lhgmr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The Weight Watcher Cabbage stew (at least the recipe I entered) is not bad warmed up and is 1 serving 39 calories 9 carbs 0 fat 1 protein 213 sodium 3 calcium. It is filling, but you would probably need a microwave. If you want my version of the recipe, please ask. I can eat on this for 12 servings. (It is my favorite meal!) I also freeze it in serving sizes for a quick and easy supper.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I would love the recipe!
  • lhgmr
    lhgmr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It didn't transfer well... make sure you season to taste with celery seed, oregano, salt, pepper, etc. (If you can afford the carbs, adding tomatoes to it is good too-- I didn't put it in this recipe... sorry it is a bit of a mess. I add water to it to make up for the lack of stock.. play around with it for your taste..
    Number of servings
    Serves people
    Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Potass Calcium
    Carrots - Raw, 2 cup, chopped 105 25 1 2 819 8
    Onions - Raw, 1.5 cup, chopped 101 24 0 2 346 5
    Spice World - Garlic, Minced, Spices, 3 tsp (5g)
    0 3 0 0 0 0
    Campbell's - Real Stock Vegetable Salt Reduced, 0.5 container (1000 mls ea.)
    42 10 0 0 24 0
    Cabbage - Raw, 4.5 cup, chopped
    96 22 0 6 985 19
    Del Monte - Cut Green Beans Canned, 2 cup (121g)
    80 12 0 4 380 8
    Hunt's - Tomato Paste, Original (Canada), 4 tbsp (30ml)
    40 8 0 2 0 0
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 464 104 1 16 2554 40
    Per Serving: 39 9 0 1 213 3
  • brittanyhoman
    Options
    My husband absoluely LOVES taking leftovers for lunch, so I have an arsenal of good dinners that he can use for lunches. One recent discovery is the Harvest Land brand of boneless skinless chicken thighs. They are organic and grill up great! They reheat really well also. Another good one is chili. I make a beanless version (my husband won't eat beans), and I use half ground turkey, half ground round. Let me know if you need some recipes and what types of food you like to eat, I have a bunch saved.