W7D1

Options
Just started week 7 of C25K. Didn't think I could finish week 1 when I started and now I'm running for 25 minutes straight. What an awesome feeling!

Replies

• Snapdragons3
    Snapdragons3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!

My next run is the 20 min (dreaded W5D3)... I'm apprehensive, but posts like this inspire me :)
  • amyram
    amyram Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good work, I can't wait to see that kind of progress.
  • renokt87
    renokt87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job! It helps to hear about others' success, especially when they had doubts early on. (Week 5, day 2)
  • Marglyne12
    Marglyne12 Posts: 26
    Options
    W7D1 for me..failed attemp. I have no idea why..start over Thursday
  • amyram
    Options
    I also failed W7D1 first attempt, try again Wed. I think it is just time for a rest day, I find I need at least one day per week of rest. I do the c25k every other day, but am also cycling on the off days and days like today with my failed run I also cycled 18 miles. New bike, hard to leave it parked long. :happy:
  • icom100
    icom100 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im new to the board and the website. Im starting a new weightloss and exercise program and like this message board. I used to run a lot about 25 yrs ago. If anyone is interested, I had a great schedule that really worked well for me. I went from running a half mile or so to doing a 10k in about 6 months. If anyone shows any interest, I will post the basics of how it was made up next time. (It can be customized easily, and allows you to make changes in case of injury, etc.)
    Ic:smile:
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Very cool...I will be doing that one on Wed or Friday...didn't think I would be able to do W6D3 but did it last night...soooo happy!
  • amyram
    Options
    W7D1 in the book, the secret for me after one failure at 25 min. was to keep my heart rate at 80% of max. Felt like I could have gone farther.
    This is much easier with a HRM of course. Hope this helps.
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I found W7D1 difficult until I slowed my pace down a bit.
    After that, I was able to take W7D2 a bit quicker but without
    stopping.
    I agree, it is SUCH an awesome feeling to go from not
    running at all to 25mins non stop in less than 2 months.
    I still can't believe I can do it.
    Great running
    Nicola xxx
  • BCLisa
    BCLisa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I agree with you (and everyone), it's an amazing feeling!

I just did W7D1 this morning, and couldn't believe that I ran for that long without stopping! Even added an extra minute. :smile:
    In that 26 minutes, I did 4K. So, not the fastest pace, but I didn't stop!
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options
    I did w7d1 yesterday. I also had to slow down a bit, but made it without walking. I will say, it was hard from about 3 minutes in until the end though. I have been running 5.6 mph and slowed to 5.5. Goal is 30 minutes straight then work back up to 6 mph.

Great job everyone!!!
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    These threads are so inspiring. I am due to do W6R2 tomorrow. I love to look at the threads that are about a week ahead from where I am. It really helps to prepare me mentally for the challenge.
  • Jenvan78
    Jenvan78 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Awesome huh? Congrats :)
  • keithgi
    keithgi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you!! I do W7D1 Monday and don't think it will be a problem. Haven't run this long in years. We are becoming runners! Woot!
  • ccbarbeau
    ccbarbeau Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I also did 25 minutes straight this morning! For me it was W6D3, and W7 is all 25 minute runs. I was so happy to get through it! I had to remind myself a couple times that I could do it, and I did. Took my HR up to 95% of my max, which is not ideal, but I'm sure my cardio is going to improve as I continue to run. My first 5k is in 60 days.... I've got until then to acheive my goal of running hr whole way at a 5mph speed. :bigsmile:
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Very awesome! I am starting W7 tomorrow morning and am incredibly nervous! Seeing posts like this make me feel better and inspire me.
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I had a great run for w7d1 -- felt fantastic and like I could keep going. D2 was TERRIBLE. Barely ran for 15 minutes. D3 was only slightly better. Ran 20 minutes solid then walked/ran the last 5 minutes.

Why is this? I feel like I *know* I can run for 25 minutes straight. What is stopping me!

Should I do the 25 minutes again (this is what I'm leaning towards)? Or should I just push on to week 8? Which, right now I feel like I will never be able to do!

Advice please!
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Well, I did it again. 25 minutes straight! Fantastic. I think I might do it one more time before trying to go to week 8 and adding an extra 3 minutes.