Do you exercise?

Options
RhonndaJ
RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
And if so, what exercise do you do?

Since my refocus at the beginning of June, I've been on our elliptical (the beast) twice a day every day except for the two weeks when I'd injured my arm bowling.

I started only being able to do 3 minutes before I was sweat soaked, red faced and panting unable to talk. But I've now worked up to between 10 and 15 minutes each time. Usually more in the a.m. than the p.m.

I would like to hit the beach and get some swimming in, but it's summer the beaches are swarming with tourists and while I can deal with showing this body in a bathing suit, I just don't like crowds and schedules are allowing the early morning treks right now.

Replies

• Brandification
    Brandification Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 5 to 6 times a week.
    On cardio days, I do 25 minutes treadmill (walking and jogging), 20 minutes on the arc trainer and 20 on the elliptical.
    On strength days, I do planks and core training exercises, followed by my gym's 12 minute ab circuit, then their 30 minute full-body workout circuit. I warm up and cool down with a 10 minute treadmill walk/jog.
    On my days off, I've been trying to get in at least a 30 minute walk.
  • lika50
    lika50 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I switch it up between the gym and home.

At the gym, I do the elliptical for 65 minutes (usually a HIIT routine of some sort) and then wind down on the stationary bike somewhere between 10 and 15 miles. After, I do a round of strength training with the weights.

At home, I rotate through several different Tae Bo DVDs. A great burn but pretty low impact - I'm sweating buckets by the time I'm done. Love Billy Blanks!

Right now I try to get at least an hour in 5 to 6 days a week. On my days off, my husband and I hike.

I love to swim - was actually on the swim team in high school - but just haven't had the heart to buy s suit yet. I've promised myself I will for my bday in September, though... *yikes* :smile:
  • Mrbusterb
    Mrbusterb Posts: 114
    Options
    I currently do not go to the gym because i'm still too heavy for the machines,but i promised myself that once i get below 400 lbs i will start going.Right now i'm only 16 lbs away.The only exercise i'm doing right now is walking 45 minutes a day.
  • kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    I do lots of workout DVDs, Zumba, treadmill...all at home. Usually 5-6 days a week and around 30-45 min per workout.
  • divalivious
    divalivious Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Right now I go out for walks 4-5 days a week minimum 30 minutes and go to water aerobics 2x a week for an hour.

I currently do not go to the gym because i'm still too heavy for the machines,but i promised myself that once i get below 400 lbs i will start going.Right now i'm only 16 lbs away.The only exercise i'm doing right now is walking 45 minutes a day.

Awesome goal!
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I play anywhere from 1-3 hours of sand volleyball on Thursdays, work out with a trainer for an hour on Tuesdays (usually some combo of cardio, weight lifting and body/core exercises like pushups, planks, etc.), on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays I do as close to an hour of cardio (Couch to 5k plus walking to round out the hour) as possible, and on Fridays and Sundays I do a combo of cardio and weight lifting (10 minutes cardio, 10 minutes weights - repeat 3x total). That means I get a minimum of 7 hours of workouts a week. I am stupid motivated though as I've lost 55 lbs and have still 120 or so to go (well, motivated most nights - I took Monday off trying to recover from camping/hiking/swimming over the weekend in 100+ degree temps, and only worked out 40 minutes last night). Scared to death to let it slide though..
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I do my best to walk a bit at least twice a day.....sometimes I get more out of it sometimes I slack and only get it in once. But I have recently been able to walk around the block twice.....big accomplishment when just 2 weeks ago I could barely walk to the bathroom without getting completely out of breath. my exercise goal is 30 minutes 4 times a week.....
  • healthyMSk
    healthyMSk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have back issues & I have been to PT in the last few months where they gave me exercises to try and help the weightloss while not harming my back. I have been trying to get on a schedule of doing them every night. I'm also just trying to be more active doing things in the yard. I need to start walking my dog again since he has got fat. It is just so easy to let him out the back door since we have a privacy fence here. You all are such inspiration with all the exercises you are doing.