Do you zombie run at night or during the day?

Options
chuckyp
chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
Lately it's too hot to run here during the day so I run at night. Since I've gotten this app I have only used it at night. Adds so much to the atmosphere that I'm not sure it would be quite the same in the daylight.

I usually run a lap around my subdivision which is about 3.4 miles. It's in the desert so it's pitch dark with just the moonlight and there are always jackrabbits and cottontails flushing out of the bushes and coyotes prowling around watching me with glowing eyes. Perfect.

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    LOL sounds like us! we run at night too, in the middle of the country, corn fields, trees, etc. Fox, deer, wild turkey, rabbits, birds all making the trees shake and really adds to the atmosphere of the zombie chases. Gets my heart rate moving at least :) We do it as a family, so at least once a night there's a discussion on who we're going to sacrifice that night.

its a great app
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I'm on nights now, and have to settle for 9am, but I prefer the predawn hour.

It's quite rural here. My street backs a small river on one side, and is mostly wooded. I may spook rabbits, deer, and the occasional grouse, opossum, or raccoon (but not as much as they spook ME!).

When I run, it's usually foggy in addition to being quite dark. The moon can't cut the murk, and there are only 2 pole lights and my porch light on the entire street.

Ordinarily, it would just be a quiet run. Now, it's my own interactive game, played on a really big screen!
  • tookarook
    tookarook Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    have not tried it at night yet...been doing lunch time zombie runs....but will do night soon
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I've only done 2 missions so far, but they've both been indoors on a treadmill. I'm looking forward to using it outdoors just for that added element. Someone even suggested using soundtracks from zombie movies for a playlist which I love.
  • Tricialew32
    Tricialew32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I live between Baton Rouge and New Orleans...two of the highest crime cities in the US...I don't do much of anything outdoors, alone and after dark with headphones in. I think it would be fun to be able to run at night on a mission because I do get that shot of adrenaline and start sprinting when I hear the zoms breathing down my neck and it would probably be more effective in the dark!
  • GenFo
    GenFo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm up in Northern England so it's really foggy when I run around 5 a.m. We live right next to a graveyard (seriously!) and it freaks me out. We've had a really wet July so I've had to settle for a lot of treadmill runs. It just isn't the same.
  • Spiderjaime
    Spiderjaime Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I usually run after sunset, but before dark. Sometimes I run at 6 in the morning but I prefer the evening it "feels" right. The only mission I ran in the dark was the mission called "A Voice in the Dark: Out after dark" Complete coincidence and completely AWESOME!
  • GenFo
    GenFo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I usually run after sunset, but before dark. Sometimes I run at 6 in the morning but I prefer the evening it "feels" right. The only mission I ran in the dark was the mission called "A Voice in the Dark: Out after dark" Complete coincidence and completely AWESOME!

A Voice in the Dark has been my favorite so far. I actually got chills.
  • sableandargent
    Options
    At the moment I run mainly during the day - it's winter and after dark it's too cold and my asthma gets bad. Also I run in the bush and once it gets too dark I'm likely to hurt myself.

Dawn is the best, I think. Birdsong and zombies, can't beat it.