NROLFW Stage 3

Options
Just did my first workout of Stage 3, and O.M.G. I LURVE it. I think this is going to be my favorite stage so far. I think what I like about it so much is that it finally moves the number of reps down (3 sets of 6 reps for each move) so that I really get to dig in and start lifting HEAVY. Plus, after lifting heavy and doing some intense plank work, workout A ends with a body matrix circuit that leaves my heart rate soaring and my legs feeling like Jell-o. I definitely have some crazy endorphins running through my body right now! Wahoo!

Also an NSV: Stage 2 introduced planks, and I started out able to do 65 seconds...worked up to a 95 second plank on my AMRAP workout. Stage 3 also includes planks, and I ended up doing 3 sets of them today--90 seconds, 85 seconds, and 75 seconds. Not too shabby! I'm sure my core muscles will be screaming tomorrow...
The book has me starting at 90 seconds each plank, so I feel sure that I will get there soon. Just need to hold on a leeetle longer for those other two sets!

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV and yay for great workouts. Keep up the great work
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Great job!

On a side note, what did you think of 2? I'm almost done with 1 and I've been reading ahead. I can't fathom the point of doing a row on one leg??? I don't see why we can't use both legs. Some of the moves seem, well, kinda silly. Luckily I workout in my garage, but still.
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    Great job!

On a side note, what did you think of 2? I'm almost done with 1 and I've been reading ahead. I can't fathom the point of doing a row on one leg??? I don't see why we can't use both legs. Some of the moves seem, well, kinda silly. Luckily I workout in my garage, but still.

I haven't started two yet (will today) but those types of exercises help develop the core muscles. You really have to tighten your abs to remain stable while standing on one leg bending over. :)
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Great work! I'm also on Stage 3 and prefer the 3 sets of 6 as well.
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Great NSV, congratulations!