Crossfit Tips!

Options
amanda12212
amanda12212 Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone! So tonight I'm starting Crossfit classes. I'm excited/nervous. Im in okay shape. I have a desk job, so I have a pretty sendentary lifestyle. However, I usually run/walk and do strength training about 2-3 times a week. I'm 5'4" and currently weigh 156lbs. Just wanting to tone up and lose that last 10 lbs. Any advice for me from those of you who have done Crossfit or are currently doing it? I am pretty good about following my 1200 calorie/day limit on MFP, but I could use some advice on the types of food you all are eating. Thanks!

Replies

• _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    hey!! my boyfriend and i just joined crossfit!! ive been to about 8 classes.... (so expensive omg haha 200$ a month between that and my gym membership sheesh!!) but anyways.... im pretty similar to you.... i have a desk job so my workout will be crossfit 3x week and gym 2x week... im 5'4 and 131 lbs....

my tips... EAT MORE!! i was eating 1300ish cals and making NO PROGRESS!! crossfit workout are SO INTENSE (ive worked out for years, nothing is as hard as my 20min workouts at crossfit).... i now eat around 1900 and am seeing much better results...

go to this site http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/ and use that to find your calories.... i basically try to never net below my BMR.... so my BMR is 1430 so if i burn 400 then i will eat 1840....

i know it sounds counterproductive to eat more, but trust me, you will just burn yourself out eating too little and store fat..

but good choice on crossfit... i love it!!
  • StevenJColquitt
    StevenJColquitt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good luck on Crossfit. Those classes are definitely out of my budget so I will probably just steal the workouts as I can and do them on my own.